Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS336Gv2 VPN

Ahiro
Aspirant

FVS336Gv2 VPN

Hi everybody!

I'd like to buy a VPN Router Firewall to increase our network security.

But i got some question :

- If I buy a FVS336Gv2 VPN Firewall for example, can I configure and use VPN with the Firewall directly or should I install a VPN server behind the Firewall in order to create connection with another network? Does the Firewall got a server inside of it?

- If I don't have to create a VPN server, is it free to use VPN? Should I pay a subscription for this service or not?

- What about the bandwidth? Must I pay for the incoming/outgoing data used with VPN to my Internet provider? Does the other network must pay for the data sent and received too?

- Must I use a software in order to send data to the other network? If yes, is there a free software I can use or how much does it costs? Any must have?

I know there are a lot of questions but I sadly can't find any answer on the Internet...

Thanks for your reply and sorry for my bad english btw 😛

Model: FVS336Gv2|PROSAFE DUAL WAN GIGABIT FIREWALL WITH SSL & IPSEC VPN
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: FVS336Gv2 VPN

Hello Ahiro, 

Welcome to the community! 

I have listed my answers to the questions below: 

- If I buy a FVS336Gv2 VPN Firewall for example, can I configure and use VPN with the Firewall directly or should I install a VPN server behind the Firewall in order to create connection with another network? Does the Firewall got a server inside of it?

- Yes, the firewall is a VPN server itself. You will configure the VPN settings on the FVS336Gv2 in order for remote devices to connect. 

- If I don't have to create a VPN server, is it free to use VPN? Should I pay a subscription for this service or not?

- Box-to-box (firewall to firewall) VPN and SSL are free, no subscription needed. For Client-to-box, the only thing you need to buy is the VPN client, no subscription needed as well. 

- What about the bandwidth? Must I pay for the incoming/outgoing data used with VPN to my Internet provider? Does the other network must pay for the data sent and received too?

- It uses your internet connection's bandwidth unless you opt for a faster internet service I don't believe that you'll have to pay for such thing.

- Must I use a software in order to send data to the other network? If yes, is there a free software I can use or how much does it costs? Any must have?

-For client-to-box setup, you need to use our VPN client software. There is a trial version which you can download here

Thanks,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: FVS336Gv2 VPN

Hello Ahiro, 

Welcome to the community! 

I have listed my answers to the questions below: 

- Yes, the firewall is a VPN server itself. You will configure the VPN settings on the FVS336Gv2 in order for remote devices to connect. 

- Box-to-box (firewall to firewall) VPN and SSL are free, no subscription needed. For Client-to-box, the only thing you need to buy is the VPN client, no subscription needed as well. 

- It uses your internet connection's bandwidth unless you opt for a faster internet service I don't believe that you'll have to pay for such thing.

-For client-to-box setup, you need to use our VPN client software. There is a trial version which you can download here

Thanks,

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements