Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS336Gv3 locks up and sometimes reboots

SWILLIS
Aspirant

FVS336Gv3 locks up and sometimes reboots

Hi  i have  3  fvs336gv3 routers all running 4.3.4-2 firmware these units are running vpn's with each other in a star configeration. i have one that is  locking up/rebooting  several times a day all of a sudden it stopped doing this  for a period of about 3 weeks now it has started again  one thing i noticed is the unit dosn't keep time it seams to lose time and gain time for no apparent  reason anyone got any idear's

Model: FVS336Gv3|ProSafe dual WAN gigabit firewall with SSL and IPSec VPN
Message 1 of 6
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: FVS336Gv3 locks up and sometimes reboots

Hello SWILLIS, 

Welcome to the community! 

Did the issue occur after you have upgraded the firmware to 4.3.4-2 or has it been having issues ever since? Did you perform a factory reset after updating the firmware? 

Thanks,

Message 2 of 6
SWILLIS
Aspirant

it hase been happening for probobly the last 3 firmware version and yes i have done a factory reset and reload after the last update. i found it seam to happen most in the morning could be because that is when the vpn is most active 

Message 3 of 6
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi SWILLIS, 

It appears that the firewall experiences the issue under heavy load. Since you have already performed a hardware reset and updated the firmware a few times it is looking like a hardware issue is on the way. I suggest to contact support, it might need to be looked at further or be replaced. 

Thanks, 

Message 4 of 6
SWILLIS
Aspirant

ok i will talk to to suport

Message 5 of 6
SamirD
Prodigy

You might want to try to downgrade the firmware to the last version that worked without issues.  Firmwares are like feature sets, each one is broken in some way and fixes things in some way--find the one that works for you and stick with it unless you have a reason to change it.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements