Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS338 Requires a Reboot Every Few Hours

mjcataldo
Aspirant

FVS338 Requires a Reboot Every Few Hours

I've factory reset my FVS338 and the device was working.  Just a few hours later all connected devices go offline (invalid IP configuration).  Where do I start to diagnose this type of issue?  Do the logs persist across reboots where I may be able to see whats going on?  I do use the device for DHCP and the only significant adjustment I made to the configuration was to move the first IP address to .30.  I reserve the first 29 IP addresses for a series of manually configured devices.  At each connnected computer they all have "Invalid IP addresses" as they've essentially lost connection to the router/firewall.

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Model: FVS338|Cable/DSL ProSafe VPN Firewall with 8-port switch with Dial Backup
Message 1 of 4
mjcataldo
Aspirant

Re: FVS338 Requires a Reboot Every Few Hours

It looks the logs don't persist across reboots, does anyone know if that's correct?

Message 2 of 4
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mjcataldo, 

Welcome to the community! 

I'd like to know the status of the LEDs when you lose connection. Does the unit come back to working status after rebooting the firewall? What firmware version is loaded on the firewall? 

Thanks,

Message 3 of 4
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mjcataldo, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements