Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware updates srx5308

spforrest
Aspirant

Firmware updates srx5308

I was seeing if there would be further firmware updates for srx5308. My understanding of the alert is there won’t. That 4/17 was the last. With the various network attacks going around, is it safe to use a vpn firewall that will not be updated from time to time? Also, is there any other options for multi wan load balancer through Netgear that will be supported with future firmware updates? I need 4 wan ports for my network. I can only use LTE so I have 4 nighthawk LTE modems load balanced by the srx5308 which connects to a CUJO in Bridge mode then a gb 16 port plus switch then an orbi in AP Mode. The NH LTE routers are port forwarded and dmz to prevent double nat. The srx5308 is my DHCP. I want to stay with Netgear because have a lot invested in a Netgear network. 8 GB plus switchs, stuff mentioned above, etc. thanks for any information can provide.
Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Firmware updates srx5308

@spforrest,

You're welcome. 🙂  

If ever you do not have further inquiries and since your concern has been addressed, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @spforrest,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Nowadays, even when network companies create new firmwares or fixes that will address the current vulnerabilities, there will still be new vulnerability attacks that will just appear out of the blue.  Since there will be no new firmware updates anymore for the SRX5308 and if ever you still continue using it, the best way to protect you network is to have your other networking devices be updated to the latest firmware versions that addresses the latest vulnerability attacks.  

Since the ProSAFE VPN Firewall product line is now EOL (End-of-Life) which includes the SRX5308, there is no news if NETGEAR will have a new product line for VPN Firewalls.  

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
spforrest
Aspirant

Thanks for your response. I figured not but wanted to check. I was considering upgrading to the utm150 but with the firmware updates being over will hold off. I will keep an eye out for new Netgear business devices. Thanks
Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@spforrest,

You're welcome. 🙂  

If ever you do not have further inquiries and since your concern has been addressed, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements