Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Fvs318gv2 connectivity issues

cclo
Aspirant

I think the solution is buy a new router!  This router been out how long?  2 years?  I don't think they will and can fix it! It could be an hardware issues.  If it is an easy fix, they fixed this long ago!  This is total bull**bleep**!

I did a GUI reboot after I upgarde to firmware 4.3.4-2 and it been working for over a month.  That because I have an UPS hooked up to it!  

Thinking to just get the Netgear SRX5308-100NAS.  That one been around for a long long time.  Hopfully will have no such issues!

Message 126 of 133
shiekh
Guide

We know it is probably not a hardware issue since it can run for months at a time

We know they claim to have seen the problem and to be working on it

So I think the only thing we can do now is to keep up the 'rumbles' of discontent

I am as frustrated as you that all that money is tied up in a unit that does not

work well enough for deployment, but I am reluctant to reward them with another

purchase.

Message 127 of 133
cclo
Aspirant

If it is a hardware issues, you think they will do a recall?  I don't think so... They just leave it until there are a new model come out and stop supporting it.

Message 128 of 133
shiekh
Guide

If it was a hardware issue, we would not have found a way to have it run months at a time.

i.e. they could program it to double boot, following the cold boot by a warm boot; but I have

been very reluctant to suggest this hack, in case they take it seriously.

The SRX5308 is almost $300, and 14% on Amazon give it a 1 star rating (c.f. 27% for the FVS318Gv2)

Message 129 of 133
shiekh
Guide

I hadn't realised this thread had not been closed, so opened a new thread

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Business-Wireless/FVS-318N-FVS-318Gv2-and-Arris/m-p/1195682#M2621

where a work around is suggested.

Message 130 of 133
cclo
Aspirant

Right now, I put my Netgear on UPS.  So I really have no issues so far.  But for God Sake!  Fix this damn **bleep**!  It is 2017 already!  I have a feeling we will pushing on to 2018 and beyond!

Message 131 of 133
shiekh
Guide

I try to see this in an optimistic light, and it would not seem too hard to fix (easy for me to say); but it does suggest no hardware/design issues.

But we might need to keep these threads simmering for them to take note.

Message 132 of 133
shiekh
Guide

It is amazing, I put my FVS318N behind another router and it boots fine, stays up indefinitely... which probably explains why some people are not seeing any problems.

Message 133 of 133
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 132 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements