Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Help configuring IP phone through a FVS336GV2 router

Drummer544
Aspirant

Help configuring IP phone through a FVS336GV2 router

I'm a newbe to the community so bare with me..

I'm trying to configure the FVS336GV2 to allow two IP phones to connect to my phone system. Previously I just opened a port on my windows server to get the job done. opened  UDP port 59301 pointed to internal IP 192.168.1.140 (phone card) and that worked like a charm.

Over the weekend I installed the router to handle incoming traffic and DHCP for the network, Setup services for incoming and outgoing IPphones with the same port and internal ipaddress, the external address is the same. Everything computer wise is working great but my phones cannot connect. 

I'm sure i've missed something ...Help

Thanks Drummer544

Model: FVS336Gv2|PROSAFE DUAL WAN GIGABIT FIREWALL WITH SSL & IPSEC VPN
Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Drummer544,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Kindly answer the questions below:

a. How is everything connected?  Are the IP phones directly connected to the FVS336Gv2?  Are the computer connected to the IP phones?  It would be best if you could post a diagram of your detailed network setup.

b. Is SIP ALG enabled?  To check, login the web-GUI of the FVS336Gv2 then go to Security > Firewall > Advanced.

c. What is the current firmware version of the FVS336Gv2? 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Drummer544
Aspirant

DaneA,

The IP phones are offsite connected through a router (not netgear) and Cable modem. On the network side we're running through glass to a wide open Adtran router then the FVS336GV2., HP switches to the network which includes the KSU with a IP phone card..

( I will get you a Diagram - Sorry)

2. Sip/ALG - Disabled

3. not sure of the firmware - but I'm upgrading it as I type..

I've pulled the FVS for now because I needed to get my off site people up and running...Put in an old D-Link, opened the 59301 port, forwarded to my IP card.. We are working again.

Temporary fix for now! I want this Dual WAN

Thanks for your help!!

Drummer544

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Drummer544,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Kindly post a diagram of your detailed network setup.  

You mentioned that you were upgrading the firmware of the FVS336Gv2, to what firmware version have you upgraded the FVS336Gv2?  Be reminded to perform a factory reset after upgrading the firmware then reconfigure it from scratch. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Drummer544,

I just want to follow-up on this again.  We’d greatly appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements