Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Hit Limit on DMW WAN rules for FVS336Gv2 - what are my options ?

calsdad44
Aspirant

Hit Limit on DMW WAN rules for FVS336Gv2 - what are my options ?

I have a FVS336Gv2 that I have been using on my home network for a few years now.  I use an email forwarding service to send my email into my home server - and I restrict access by setting DMZ WAN inbound rules to only allow access to specific IP addresses (specified by the forwarding service).

The forwarding service just added a bunch more servers - I started adding them to my inbound rules - and I apparently hit a limit as it won't let me add any more.

What are my options?  Does the later firmware increase the limits? ( I haven't updated to the latest available firmware yet).   Is there higher limits on the FVS336Gv3 or maybe one of the UTM series firewalls?  

I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks!

Model: FVS336Gv2|PROSAFE DUAL WAN GIGABIT FIREWALL WITH SSL & IPSEC VPN
Message 1 of 4
calsdad44
Aspirant

Re: Hit Limit on DMW WAN rules for FVS336Gv2 - what are my options ?

I have looked thru the manuals - and I can't seem to find any information on what the max limit is for setting inbound DMZ rules.  I was hoping to find this info - so I could look and see if later firmware and/or maybe other Netgear products had a higher limit.

Model: FVS336Gv2|PROSAFE DUAL WAN GIGABIT FIREWALL WITH SSL & IPSEC VPN
Message 2 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi calsdad44,

Welcome to our community!

May I know how many DMZ inbound rules are already applied on the FVS336Gv2? As per checking on the manuals that the maximum number of rules that can be assigned to DMZ inbound is only 50, same as on the outbound rules, a total of 100 rules. I may advised you to create VLAN so that we can separate this to your internal network and move it to LAN WAN Inbound Rules as it can handle up to 300 rules each.

You may check it here(page 211).

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@calsdad44,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything works ok now or you still need further assistance. Just in case that the reply was the solution to your problem, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements