Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to open ports on SRX5308

Hwayoung
Initiate

How to open ports on SRX5308

Hi,

I was recently requested to open 3 ports for CCTVs. So I said YES with confidence as I expericed for a Synology NAS.

First, I created a serivce, and added it to inbound/outbound rules as before. After I completed the adding the ports, I tested it through Open Port Check Tool to see if the ports are open. 1.JPG2.JPGAnd I found out they're still closed. I checked the port settings over and over again but I just did the same but not working unlike the NAS.

I still think there's nothing wrong with the firewall configurations. And I'm just wonderking that if the CCTV devices are not using the specific ports or something wrong, does the port checking tool recognize that it's closed?

In short, without connecting the device that I will use, can I open the port in firewall configuraion, and can the port checking tool know if it's open?

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How to open ports on SRX5308

Hi @Hwayoung,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Is the SRX5308 set as the main router wherein the Public WAN IP address is registered to it?  

b. Do you have access to the settings CCTV cameras to double check if it is using the port numbers you have opened on the SRX5308?

c. How is everything connected?  Are the CCTV cameras directly connected tot he SRX5308?  It would be best if you post an image or screenshot of your detailed network setup.

Let me share the link below as reference guide:

Inbound Rules Examples

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Hwayoung,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Is the SRX5308 set as the main router wherein the Public WAN IP address is registered to it?  

b. Do you have access to the settings CCTV cameras to double check if it is using the port numbers you have opened on the SRX5308?

c. How is everything connected?  Are the CCTV cameras directly connected tot he SRX5308?  It would be best if you post an image or screenshot of your detailed network setup.

Let me share the link below as reference guide:

Inbound Rules Examples

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Hwayoung,

I just want to follow-up on this.  We’d greatly appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
Hwayoung
Initiate

Dear DaneA,

I really appreciate your help.

I found myself what was blocking opening ports. I used to use 192.168.1.18 / 8112 ports.

And CCTV service provider told me they needed to change its IP address to 192.168.1.80. So I added the same rule, but I did not remove the old rules. So I think this might confilct opening port.

I have resolved this issue by removing the old rule, and now everything is okay.

I really appreciate your rapid feedback.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements