Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is Router SRXN3205 still safe to use?

NoMiddleName
Follower

Is Router SRXN3205 still safe to use?

Hello Guys!

I'm using the SRXN3205 router for VPN (IPSec) communication. As the router is from 2012, I'm concerned if it's still safe to use this router? I'll guess technology has moved forwad since the release of this router. I have updated firmvare to latest version. So, my question is: Should I get me an other more modern router or is SRXN3205 still going strong (from a safety perspective)?

Thanks for any tip/advice.    

Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Is Router SRXN3205 still safe to use?

Hi NoMiddleName,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy 

As I have observed, there has been no firmware updates that has been released for the SRXN3205 so it might be EOL (End-of-Life) already.  For me, if ever you are not that "technology update savvy," the SRXN3205 would still be a good VPN firewall to be used.  However, if you are concern with online security vulnerability, I suggest you to look for the other VPN firewalls.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Is Router SRXN3205 still safe to use?

@NoMiddleName,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if you have further questions.

Otherwise, if ever your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements