Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Multiple LANs on 1 WAN

GreenHornet5
Aspirant

Multiple LANs on 1 WAN

Hi all,

I have performed a search but cant seem to find what I am looking for.

Current Set up

2wire BT router set up as DCHP on a peer-peer network. Previous IT guy set up IP address as 192.168.69.x

New Set Up

FVS318 (192.168.0.1) connected to FS726T (192.168.0.5). Connected to this we have Dell T310 (192.168.0.10) and workstations.

All of the new dell client-server network is 'bench' connected as I need to keep the existing network up and running until the last minute as we are a design house.

My Issue

When I disconnet the 2wire BT router and connect the FVS318 direct to the internet it all works fine. However I need to be able to connect BOTH LANs to the internet so I can complete my configuration of the new equipment.

How can I get the BT router to use the FVS318 as the gateway to the internet? or visa versa?

I can't just change the peer to peer IP address as the previous IT guy has set a lot of things up with a mixture of static and dynamic ip address which is why I am starting form fresh.

Please help i am pulling my hair out lol
Message 1 of 4
fordem
Mentor

That really is a question to ask BT - or - the guy who set it up before.

In many cases, the routers are set to get a WAN ip address by DHCP, and if this is the case with your BT router, it should work just fine if you connect it's WAN port into the FVS318.

Now - here's the thing every 2Wire device I've seen was a modem/router - and if this is the case with yours - then it probably won't work like I outlined above. Try plugging the FVS318 into the BT and see what happens.

I'm sure you can see the crux of the matter here - on this side we're just guessing at how your network is set up.
Message 2 of 4
GreenHornet5
Aspirant

I have the BT router set up with PPPoE and all the login and user passwords etc. This IP address is set to 192.168.69.1 and is the DHCP server for all the PC's on the peer-peer network.

As I need to have the new network set up in unison with (but totally seperate from) the existing network, i had hoped that the Firewall/router FVS318 would be able to be configured for this allowing me to you a new network subnet of 192.168.0.1 onwards.

There must be a way to configure the equipment so both networks can use the internet connection, the .69.x via the BT router and the .0.x via the FVS318.

I just need to know whether the BT router should be before or after the FVS318.

I have spent all day f***king around with it and I am now totally frustrated.
Message 3 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

I have the BT router set up with PPPoE and all the login and user passwords etc. This IP address is set to 192.168.69.1 and is the DHCP server for all the PC's on the peer-peer network.

mistake here

you need PPPoE authentication at FVS.
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements