Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NETGEAR ProSafe™ Gigabit 8 Port VPN Firewall FVS318G lowers my internet download speed

Sato1902
Aspirant

NETGEAR ProSafe™ Gigabit 8 Port VPN Firewall FVS318G lowers my internet download speed

Hello there,

I'm an amateur in this case so I need some help from you guys.

Its about my internet download speed. Speedtest says 16 Mbit...but I pay for 120 Mbit. Once I connect the DSL modem straight with my pc everything is working fine (arround 100 Mbit). The moment I put my NETGEAR ProSafe™ Gigabit 8 Port VPN Firewall FVS318G between them my dowload speed decreases to 16 Mbit. Upload and ping are okay....only the downloadspeed sucks!

I dont know what to do with the ProSafe to get the same speed as I put the modem right into the pc.

Can somebody pls. help my with this?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Sato

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: NETGEAR ProSafe™ Gigabit 8 Port VPN Firewall FVS318G lowers my internet download speed

Hi Sato1902,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

The model of  the FVS318G that you have seems to be a version 1 (FVS318Gv1).  The FVS318Gv1 has a LAN-to-WAN Throughput of 25Mbps.  Kindly check the FVS318Gv1 data sheet here for reference.  Since you are paying for a 120Mbps of internet connection, you need to use a VPN firewall that has a LAN-to-WAN Throughput greater than 120Mbps.  

I suggest you either of the following NETGEAR VPN Firewalls: FVS318Gv2, FVS318N, FVS336Gv3 or SRX5308.  All of these firewalls have a LAN-to-WAN Throughput greater than 120Mbps.  Kindly access the data sheet below for more information as well as know their comparison:

ProSAFE® VPN Firewall Series Data Sheet

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Sato1902,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

The model of  the FVS318G that you have seems to be a version 1 (FVS318Gv1).  The FVS318Gv1 has a LAN-to-WAN Throughput of 25Mbps.  Kindly check the FVS318Gv1 data sheet here for reference.  Since you are paying for a 120Mbps of internet connection, you need to use a VPN firewall that has a LAN-to-WAN Throughput greater than 120Mbps.  

I suggest you either of the following NETGEAR VPN Firewalls: FVS318Gv2, FVS318N, FVS336Gv3 or SRX5308.  All of these firewalls have a LAN-to-WAN Throughput greater than 120Mbps.  Kindly access the data sheet below for more information as well as know their comparison:

ProSAFE® VPN Firewall Series Data Sheet

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Sato1902
Aspirant

Hello DaneA and thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,

Sato

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Sato1902,

You are welcome! 🙂  

Since your concern has been answered, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements