Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ProSafe SRX 5308 looses connection on lan side

Brian08
Aspirant

ProSafe SRX 5308 looses connection on lan side

I am having a issue with ProSafe SRX5308 looses connection on the lan address. It doesnt appear that the device is shutiing down as the I can ping another device that is plugged in. This is very random it will go down from 3 seconds up to 30 seconds.  I had upgraded to the lastest firmware does not help the issue. If I got back to 4.3.1.22 what it shipped with my internet connection is slow.  I have turned off all attack checks. I am currently running 4.3.4-1 that has seemed to help some but still has issues. 

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 14
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: ProSafe SRX 5308 looses connection on lan side

Hi Brian08,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

In order for us to assist you better with the issue, kindly provide us additional information. I have summarized my questions below:

- Is the device directly connected to the SRX5308? If not, please try to connect it directly to the router.

- Have you tried to use other device?

- Is it happening only on a specific port/device?

- Please download the logs and attach it here.

I'm looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Message 2 of 14
Brian08
Aspirant

Is the device directly connected to the SRX5308? If not, please try to connect it directly to the router.---yes my test device is.. no devices can ping the fireware lan side when it drops but can still ping each other. 

- Have you tried to use other device?  yes

- Is it happening only on a specific port/device?  no i have tired port 1 and 2 and happens on both.. I have also replaced the ethernet cables. 

- Please download the logs and attach it here.  I have attached and turned on complete logging as of now. I am not sure how to access historical logs. I have replaced my wan ip with x.x.x.x

[

Message 3 of 14
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Brian08,

Please try to reset the firewall to factory default then check if it will have the same issue.

Regards,

Message 4 of 14
Brian08
Aspirant

I will reset and set backup today. 

Message 5 of 14
Brian08
Aspirant

It droped again at 9:35am to 9:37am Log attached

This seems to be completely random when it does it. I have verified I can still ping devices plugged directly in to the SRX5308

Message 6 of 14
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Brian08,

Thanks for attaching the logs but I can't read any of it as it was cut in half.

Regards,

Message 7 of 14
Brian08
Aspirant

I  have exported to pdf again.. I had another drop at 11:20 to 11:22

Model: WAGR614|54Mbps Wireless Firewall Router,SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 8 of 14
Brian08
Aspirant

I had a drop at 1:20am and 3:03 am. Seems that the logs do not have that time stamp in them. I have every checkbox checked for logging.

Message 9 of 14
Brian08
Aspirant

Should I be reaching out to tech support for a RMA on this unit?

I had a drop again at 830am

It seems in the logs that I have no logs until it drops . I had a drop at 255 also.. I dont understand why no logs until the drop.

Fri Aug 17 08:38:12 2018((GMT-0400)) [SRX5308][Kernel][KERNEL] UID=0 LOG_PACKET[ALLOW] IN=SELF OUT=LAN src=172.16.0.1 DST=172.16.0.145 PROTO=TCP SPT=443 DPT=53730
Thu Aug 16 14:02:55 2018((GMT-0400)) [SRX5308][Kernel][KERNEL] [FIREWALL] LOG_PACKET[ACCEPT] IN=LAN src=172.16.0.154 DST=172.16.0.1 PROTO=ICMP TYPE=8 CODE=0

Message 10 of 14
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Brian08,

Before you proceed with the RMA. Please try to reset the firewall first to factory default and then check if it will still show the same results.

Regards,

Message 11 of 14
Brian08
Aspirant

I have reset the firewall to factory twice and set my settings again.. I see the same condtion each time. 

Message 12 of 14
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Brian08,

If you were running firewall from its default setting and it is still occurring. I suggest you to open a chat / case online on NETGEAR support and please let them know the status of your firewall. If ever the device is still under warranty, an online replacement will be provided. 

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 13 of 14
Brian08
Aspirant

Netgear is send me a new device but SRX5308 is no longer is stock. They have sent me a FVS336G-300NAS I am concerned that the throuput is not the same as the SRX5308

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements