Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ProSecure UTM-50 Firmware Update

CodyTheFurry
Aspirant

ProSecure UTM-50 Firmware Update

I recently aquired a UTM50 for use as a router in a small home lab. I am aware that the device is EOL and do not wish to use it for its firewall capabilities anyway.

I downloaded the most recent firmware (3.6.2-8) and tried to upload it but I get an error saying my license is expired? Seeing as the device is EOL, I cannot buy a license for it (Spent almost 3 hours on hold for someone to tell me that)

The device is stuck on its factory firmware of 1.3.8 which is.. a bit terrifying.

I also tried to load the firmware pkg via TFTP to no avail. It just rebooted a few times and did nothing more.

Does anyone know how to successfully upgrade the firmware on this device?

Edit: I did also try editing the license flags on the flash card inside the device, made no change.

Model: UTM50|ProSecure Web/Email Threat Manager
Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ProSecure UTM-50 Firmware Update

Hi @CodyTheFurry,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I'm sorry to inform you that there is no way that you can update the firmware of the UTM50 to v3.6.2-8.

Let me share the forum link below that is similar to your concern: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/ProSECURE-STM-and-UTM-Discussion/UTM50-update-firmware-version-3-6-...

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
CodyTheFurry
Aspirant

I find it hard to believe that a professional company like Netgear would do this, but hey I guess it's corporate.

If they do care about the hardware do we know of any way to hack the device? It's a beautiful and still powerful piece of hardware that I would rather not have to get rid of..
Message 3 of 4
jocodis
Aspirant

Hello,

Have you find any issuses?

I have the same problem...

Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies