Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Prosafe FVS318GV2

SatcomGlobal
Aspirant

Prosafe FVS318GV2

Hoping someone can assist with an issue I am having with a Prosave VPN firewall. For LAN TO WAN traffic I have some rules that allow traffic to specific destinations to a specific port. The Default Outbound policy is set to Block Always. I have just ran a netflow on and I can see traffic been allowed from the lan to dst port: 6002. My question is how is this traffic passing when I have the default outbound policy in place. The only way to stop the traffic seems to have to write a rule always blocking traffic with dst port 6000-6020. 

Model: FVS318Gv2|ProSafe gigabit 8 port VPN firewall
Message 1 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @SatcomGlobal,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

As far as I have checked, there is no issue logged for the FVS318Gv2 as per described in your initial post.  Let us isolate the problem. Kindly answer the questions below:

a. How did you ran the netflow test? 

b. Kindly try to change the Default Outbound Policy to Allow Always then click Apply.  Then, change again the Default Outbound Policy to Block Always then click Apply.  Does same problem occur? 

c. What is the current firmware version of the FVS318Gv2?  If ever its not yet the latest version, I suggest you to upgrade the firmware to v4.3.5-3. You can download it here.  Be reminded to perform a factory reset on the FVS318Gv2 after upgrading the firmware then reconfigure the setting from scratch to start clean using the latest firmware version. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@SatcomGlobal,

I just want to follow-up on this.  We’d greatly appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 7
SatcomGlobal
Aspirant

Hi DanaA

For the Netflow I used Solarwinds. 

I have also changed the default outbound policy and when checking the logs i can see the traffic going through. 

The firmware version on the firewall is currently 4.3.1-9. Could this be the reason for the traffic passing?

Message 4 of 7
SatcomGlobal
Aspirant

Model: FVS318Gv2|ProSafe gigabit 8 port VPN firewall
Message 5 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@SatcomGlobal,

Thanks for the feedback.  Firmware v4.3.1-9 is the initial released firmware for the FVS318Gv2 and it might be possible that its the reason why the problem occurs.  For us to isolate the problem, I suggest you to upgrade the firmware to the latest version in a ladderized manner.  The procedure will be: first, upgrade the firmware from v4.3.1-9 to v4.3.1-11.  Then, upgrade the firmware from v4.3.1-11 to v4.3.2-7 and so on until you reached the latest firmware v4.3.5-3.  

Be reminded to perform a factory reset after upgrading the firmware to the latest v4.3.5-3 then reconfigure the settings from scratch in order to start clean using the latest firmware version.  Then, observe if the problem will still occur.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@SatcomGlobal,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to upgrade the FVS318Gv2 to the latest v4.3.5-3 then perform a factory reset and reconfigured the settings from scratch?  If yes, let us know the result.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements