Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Randomly rebooting SRX5308

mazemedia
Aspirant

Randomly rebooting SRX5308

Hello,

We're experiencing some problems with seemingly random reboots on our SRX5308.

I don't have much more info than the syslog (see below). Let me know if I should switch on more logging.

syslog: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/585890/
Message 1 of 17
mazemedia
Aspirant

Some more information regarding firmware:

System Name: SRX5308
Firmware Version (Primary): 3.0.7-45
Firmware Version (Secondary): 3.0.7-24
Message 2 of 17
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

have you eliminated by on pc at a time?
Message 3 of 17
mazemedia
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:
have you eliminated by on pc at a time?

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean? Do you think the problem is the number of clients connected to it?
Message 4 of 17
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

test by one pc at a time make sure any pc is not flooding the router with malware
Message 5 of 17
mazemedia
Aspirant

As you can see by the logs, the synfloods does not occur at the same time as the router reboots.
Message 6 of 17
Afineol
Aspirant

We have been experiencing the same thing with the SRX5308. Here's what we have tried so far:

The units reboot about once every 24 - 48 hours and it appears to truly be random. We've had it reboot under heavy load (mid-day), under medium load (midnight-backups), and little to no load (4 AM). The old unit had been running fine for a year with the current config. We did flash it with the latest firmware (3.0.7-45) and all the new units have that version as well.

I'm thinking of trying to back rev one of the units to 3.0.7-29 and see if it stabilizes. I hate to do that because I like the feature set in 3.0.7-45. I'll repost what the results are.
Message 7 of 17
adit
Mentor

Call Tech Support and ask is they have a beta that addresses the issue.
Message 8 of 17
Afineol
Aspirant

Really? That would be wonderful, but I talked with a techician last night with this exact issue and he didn't mention it. I do still have an open case number that I can call back with. Is there a key phrase or something that might help jog their memory?
Message 9 of 17
adit
Mentor

Ask for a beta? If they don't offer or have, escalate.
Message 10 of 17
Afineol
Aspirant

Talked with a Netgear engineer and they are aware of this issue (so are we!). They are sending us beta firmware to try. In the meantime, we back rev'ed the firmware to the previous one and it has been stable for two days. Yeay! I'll repost once we try the beta.
Message 11 of 17
mazemedia
Aspirant

Afineol wrote:
Talked with a Netgear engineer and they are aware of this issue (so are we!). They are sending us beta firmware to try. In the meantime, we back rev'ed the firmware to the previous one and it has been stable for two days. Yeay! I'll repost once we try the beta.

I also talked to Netgear support and got a newer firmware to try (3.0.7-83), just installed it so in a week or so I'll know if it's more stable!
Message 12 of 17
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

mazemedia wrote:
I also talked to Netgear support and got a newer firmware to try (3.0.7-83)

These is beta firmware so each user must contacts support and ask for beta firmware. Make sure no one is not going share with any other file sharing method if he/she ask to share it.

Beta fimrware do have agreement with support not to share with others
Message 13 of 17
mazemedia
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:
These is beta firmware so each user must contacts support and ask for beta firmware. Make sure no one is not going share with any other file sharing method if he/she ask to share it.

Beta fimrware do have agreement with support not to share with others

I'm sorry, but this is not correct. I received no agreement, and the rep i talked with on the phone mentioned no such agreement.

That said, I dont think it helped. Installed the firmware on saturday and had the first reboot monday. It's been stable since though.

I'll check back in a week or so to update you all on the status.
Message 14 of 17
mazemedia
Aspirant

We've had the firewall reboot twice today. Calling back to Netgear customer service today.
Message 15 of 17
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

mazemedia wrote:
I'm sorry, but this is not correct. I received no agreement, and the rep i talked with on the phone mentioned no such agreement.

That said, I dont think it helped. Installed the firmware on saturday and had the first reboot monday. It's been stable since though.

I'll check back in a week or so to update you all on the status.

They miss inform.

You can NOT share with another user ... beta firmware is for you only even they anyone can ask support for it.
Message 16 of 17
lawern
Aspirant

mazemedia wrote:
I also talked to Netgear support and got a newer firmware to try (3.0.7-83), just installed it so in a week or so I'll know if it's more stable!

I have the same problem with our SRX5308 and firmare 3.0.7-45. Is the new beta firmware (3.0.7-83) more stable than the old version?
Message 17 of 17
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements