Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Replaced NETGEAR FVS336G with NETGEAR SRX5308 how i can't access login.salesforce.com

ajinc
Aspirant

Replaced NETGEAR FVS336G with NETGEAR SRX5308 how i can't access login.salesforce.com

Hello All,

I had an FVS336v2 connected to a verizon dsl internet modem all worked fine for a number of years and lately we had been experiencing lan to internet connectivity and vpn to remote desktop connectivity issues such as vpn connection enabeled then freeze up then begin working again or the vpn client connecting then disconeecting after a while then being unable to reconnect the vpn for anywhere from 1 to 20 minutes or so.

To try and determine if the isue was the netgear or verizon box I replaced the FVS336 with a SRX 5308 configured with the exact settings as the FVS336. The internet works finefor the esktop clients the remote vpn users a can access the desktops but for some reason no ne can login to https://login.salesforce.com previously there was no issue with doing this. I tried I.E. 11 chrome, and firefox all display the login screen but when you put in login info and click "OK"  some time goes by then you get login.salesforce.com page can't be displayed, chrome says login.salesforce.com page isn't working, logn.salesforce.com didn't send any data ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE.

Any ideas if the SRX 5308 could be blocking login.salesforce .com? Under the 5308 security / firewall settings there are no rules defined.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thank you

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall,FVS336Gv1|ProSafe Dual WAN Gigabit Firewall with SSL & IPSec VPN
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
ajinc
Aspirant

Re: Replaced NETGEAR FVS336G with NETGEAR SRX5308 how i can't access login.salesforce.com

Hello All,

Thanks for the suggestions but my problem acctually was a pc on the network that had a bad nic in it and it was throwing so much chatter that it was very difficult to access web sites and for some reason it was preticularly hard to access login.salesforce.com

Once I removed the offending pc from the lan everything settled down and salesforce was accessible.

Again thanks for all suggestions that were offered they were greatly appreciated.

View solution in original post

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 4 of 5

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ajinc, 

Welcome to the community! 

I'd like to know if you are getting the same error when you bypass the SRX5308 (connecting directly to the modem and accessing the website). How many computers are experiencing the issue? 

Thanks,

Message 2 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ajinc

Just following-up on this.  We'd greatly appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 5
ajinc
Aspirant

Hello All,

Thanks for the suggestions but my problem acctually was a pc on the network that had a bad nic in it and it was throwing so much chatter that it was very difficult to access web sites and for some reason it was preticularly hard to access login.salesforce.com

Once I removed the offending pc from the lan everything settled down and salesforce was accessible.

Again thanks for all suggestions that were offered they were greatly appreciated.

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ajinc,

Thanks for the feedback.  I'm glad that you were able to isolate the problem and you're now able to access the salesforce.  🙂 

Since your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements