Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SNMP polling issue FVS336GV2

kbnetrix
Aspirant

SNMP polling issue FVS336GV2

Hi all,

Working on setting up snmp polling from a server on the LAN polling the LAN address assigned to the firewall with no luck.

Few things I've noticed, I did a packet capture from the snmp management server and the firewall (capturing on the LAN interface), the packet capture from the snmp management server shows the getrequest sent out, and the capture from the firewall does not show it was received on the LAN interface, however here is the odd the part, I then enabled system logs to log all unicast traffic and seeing the snmp traffic from the management server to the firewall LAN address, but do not see a getresponse from the firewall in either case.

Hitting my head against the wall with this one, should be a 10 minute setup, any input is apprecaited! 

Model: FVS336Gv2|PROSAFE DUAL WAN GIGABIT FIREWALL WITH SSL & IPSEC VPN
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi kbnetrix,

I'm not sure if this will help.  Can you try to update the firmware from v3.1.1-08 to v4.3.3-6 and check if it would help.  You may download firmware v4.3.3-6 here.  Be reminded that its best to perform a factory reset after upgrading the firmware to have a fresh start using the latest version of the firmware.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi kbnetrix,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

On the web-GUI of the FVS336Gv2, go to Security > Firewall > Attack Checks.  Under the LAN Security Checks portion, is there a check mark on the box that says "Disable Ping Reply on LAN Ports"?  If yes, kindly uncheck it then click Apply.  Observe if this resolves your concern.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 11
kbnetrix
Aspirant

DaneA, thanks for the response, however neither of the LAN security options are checked. 

Message 3 of 11
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi kbnetrix,

What is the current firmware version of the FVS336Gv2?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 11
kbnetrix
Aspirant

Running - 3.1.1-08.

Message 5 of 11
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi kbnetrix,

I'm not sure if this will help.  Can you try to update the firmware from v3.1.1-08 to v4.3.3-6 and check if it would help.  You may download firmware v4.3.3-6 here.  Be reminded that its best to perform a factory reset after upgrading the firmware to have a fresh start using the latest version of the firmware.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 11
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi kbnetrix,

Were you able to update the firmware to v4.3.3-6 then perform a factory reset on the FVS336Gv2?  If yes,  does same problem occur?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 11
kbnetrix
Aspirant

Have not tried new firmware, we are looking into other firewall options due to a few other reasons. If we do deciede to try the upgrade I will post results. 

Message 8 of 11
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi kbnetrix,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to upgrade the firmware of the FVS336Gv2?  If yes, what are your observations?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 9 of 11
kbnetrix
Aspirant

We have decided to go with another firewall vendor. 

Message 10 of 11
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi kbnetrix,

Thanks for your feedback. 🙂 

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats