Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SRX 5308 secondary wan address on vlan

Dimitri1
Aspirant

SRX 5308 secondary wan address on vlan

Hi,

We are using the SRX 5308 with firmware version 4.3.1-22.

We have one WAN configured with an secondary address. On the LAN side we use multiple vlan's. What i want is that one vlan uses the secondary wan address for communication to the Internet and back. So the specified VLAN has it's own public ip address.

Does anybody knows how to configure this?

Regards, Dimitri

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Dimitri1
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply,...

I do not have WAN2 physical connected. The secondary address is one configured on WAN1.

For now i have configured an outbound rule that any port comming from the vlan address scope has to go trough the secondary address.

Any inbound rule i can configure to.

Gr,

Dimitri

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Dimitri1,

Welcome to the community!

We can let the other VLAN to passthrough on WAN2. Please make sure that your WAN is set to Load Balancing Mode. You can use protocol binding for specific services to pass and also, you may set it up under the Outbound Rules of the firewall. Just specify the VLAN that you wanted on LAN users.

Here is the manual for reference(page 147).

Message 2 of 5
Dimitri1
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply,...

I do not have WAN2 physical connected. The secondary address is one configured on WAN1.

For now i have configured an outbound rule that any port comming from the vlan address scope has to go trough the secondary address.

Any inbound rule i can configure to.

Gr,

Dimitri

Message 3 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Dimitri1,

It would be the same even if you are not using it on the WAN2. You will also see the secondary IP addresses that you entered on the same page. Inbound Rules/Port forwarding is only used if you wanted to have some ports to be open on the public network. So no need to create any inbound rules anymore unless you also wanted it to pass-through on the secondary address.

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Dimitri1,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if you still need further assistance and just in case that the reply would be the answer to your issue. I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements