Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SRX5308 Hosting multiple websites in the DMZ not working! HELP!

LECYNKAR
Aspirant

SRX5308 Hosting multiple websites in the DMZ not working! HELP!

I have a group of 5 static IP's that I use to host websites. I have the SRX5308 set to use 1 WAN port with one of the IP's and added the rest of the IP's as "Secondary IP's". Next I have multiple IP's bound to my network adaptor in Win Server 2008 and those IP's are bound to seperate websites. (This is no different then having 4 seperate web servers, and probably irrelevant to this question) Then I have "DMZ WAN rules" set to forward HTTP request to the cooresponding Server IP. This all worked fine on the FVX538 v2, but it's not working at all on the SRX5308!

What is the right way to setup up multiple IP Addresses/Web Servers in the DMZ on the SRX5308? (This is a huge problem right now, my FVX538 died and this is the replacment!)

Thanks for any help..

Message 1 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: SRX5308 Hosting multiple websites in the DMZ not working! HELP!

Both model should works in same manner. Both has same core firmware

You may need to put trouble ticket with support at my.Netgear.com
Message 2 of 6
adit
Mentor

Just have all the websites point to a single IP. Should work without a hitch.
Message 3 of 6
LECYNKAR
Aspirant

OK thanks to everyone for your input!..

I got it to work, but it doesn't make much sense.. I reset to defaults, that didn't work, then flashed back to 3.0.7-29, re-setup the secondary IP's. Then added my WAN to DMZ rules. Things seemed to be working, so I then flashed back up to 3.0.7-45. Still working, which is great!

So like I said doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but thank goodness it's working. One thing that doens't seem to work is blocking outgoing traffic on the DMZ. If I create a rule to block all traffic on the DMZ, and call my website from an external internet connection, it stills gets returned, even when I change the LAN to WAN to block ALL. Seems to me if I set that rule to block all outgoing traffic it should do just that block the return of the HTTP request? Is this a bug?
Message 4 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

sounds like firmware may not loaded good on first time.

if block outgoing for entire service it should block it to all default ports on router or one specified.

did you test from physically out of your network?
Message 5 of 6
LECYNKAR
Aspirant

Yes I did test from outside my network, and it does not block the return of the website. Seems like a bug to me...
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements