Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SRX5308 Log Files

jimholt
Aspirant

SRX5308 Log Files

I keep getting this form the log files. The IP is different, but I'd like to know if it's something I have to worry about.  Can anybody tell me how to read this?

[SRX5308]Mon Oct 17 08:11:06 2016((GMT-0500)) [SRX5308][Kernel][KERNEL] xt_TCPMSS: bad length (589 bytes)

OUT=LAN src=46.164.186.81 DST=192.168.0.215 PROTO=TCP SPT=57640 DPT=21 [SRX5308]Mon Oct 17 08:19:07 2016((GMT-0500)) [SRX5308][Kernel][KERNEL] xt_TCPMSS: bad length (589 bytes)

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: SRX5308 Log Files

Hi jimholt,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Have you observed any irregularity when you go online through the SRX5308?  

b. Are there any firewall rules configured on the SRX5308 that might trigger what is shown on the logs you have encountered?

c. What is the current firmware version of the SRX5308?

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 8
jimholt
Aspirant

I have not noticed any irregularities connecting to the internet.

The firmware version is 4.3.3-6.

Message 3 of 8
jimholt
Aspirant

I have a firewall rule for allowing addresses thru for ftp.  My concern is whether the log is saying the IP address is being blocked or whether the log is saying the IP address got thru.

Message 4 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jimholt,

With regard to the interpretation of the log, I suggest you to open an online case with NETGEAR Support at anytime.  State your concern and kindly attach the log(s) and it will be escalated to the engineering team for it to be analyzed.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 8
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jimholt,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 6 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jimholt, 

It seems that you have already contacted the NETGEAR Chat Support and opened a case about your concern.  Keep us posted about the progress of your case. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@jimholt

May we know what are the updates of the online case you have with the NETGEAR Chat Support?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements