Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SRX5308 , Maximum Entries Inbound Services

wslozak
Aspirant

SRX5308 , Maximum Entries Inbound Services

Model: Netgear ProSafe VPN Firewall - FVS338

Firmware: Primary V 1.6.47  Secondary V 1.6.43

Is there a limit to the number of inbound service rules?  I have entered 28 inbound service rules and the last three that I added don't work.

Would updating the firmware fix this issue?

Thanks

Model: FVS338|Cable/DSL ProSafe VPN Firewall with 8-port switch with Dial Backup
Message 1 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: SRX5308 , Maximum Entries Inbound Services

Hi wslozak,

Welcome to our community!

It seems that your firmware is too old. I suggest you to upgrade the firmware one step at a time, not upgrading it directly to the latest firmware as it may cause to be brick.

You may check the firmware here.

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@wslozak,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything is ok now or you still need further assistance.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 6
wslozak
Aspirant

I haven't done any of the firmware updates because I don't want to mess thing up.

Could you provide me with a step by step process to accomplish this?

Backup Setting

Download all Firmware update (unzip)

Run each Firmware update

My concern is: IMPORTANT! In some cases, such as a major upgrade, you may need to erase the configuration and manually reconfigure your router after upgrading it. Refer to the Release Notes included with the software to find out if you need to reconfigure the router.

In order to manually reconfigure the router, I should take screen shots of the Services and Rules - would I need anything else?

Message 4 of 6
wslozak
Aspirant

I reviewed the release notes and updating from Version 1 to Version 2 and Version 2 to Verion 3 performs a facotry reset.  What settings do I need to save to update after the factory reset?

Thanks...

Message 5 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@wslozak,

That's a very good idea. Take a screenshots of all the settings that you've applied in the SRX5308. Even if the config file won't work on the latest firmware, you will still have a copy of the configuration. Inbound Rules, WAN IP, Secondary WAN IPs, LAN IPs, etc.

Regards,

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements