Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SRX5308 Multiple Public IP

Blackbox25
Aspirant

SRX5308 Multiple Public IP

Hi!

We have a smaller company and have now been assigned by our ISP five Public IP-addresses 

We have a single cable from our ISP and the converter mounted by our ISP is capable to work as a router (if i connect my computer directly to the ISP-cable i can connect to internet)

We need to connect AP:s to the different IP-adresses, and i am wondering if i can buy the SRX5308 to manage the multiple ip:s, and assigne one port to each ip-adress?

Do i need something between my ISP-outlet and SRX5308, or between my SRX5308 and my AP?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Z
NETGEAR Expert

Re: SRX5308 Multiple Public IP

Hi Blackbox25,
Welcome to the community!

There are two options for reference:
Option1:
If you want to use five public IP-addresses,you can add  WAN secondary address for WAN port,then use firewall rule to
realize different AP traffic go through different WAN ip addresses.

Option2:
If only want to use four public ip-addresses,you can enable SRX5308 load balancing mode,then use protocol binding fuction.

Details info refer to:
http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/SRX5308/SRX5308_RM_25Apr2013.pdf

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
Dan_Z
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Blackbox25,
Welcome to the community!

There are two options for reference:
Option1:
If you want to use five public IP-addresses,you can add  WAN secondary address for WAN port,then use firewall rule to
realize different AP traffic go through different WAN ip addresses.

Option2:
If only want to use four public ip-addresses,you can enable SRX5308 load balancing mode,then use protocol binding fuction.

Details info refer to:
http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/SRX5308/SRX5308_RM_25Apr2013.pdf

Thanks.

Message 2 of 4
Blackbox25
Aspirant

Hi Dan_Z

Thank you for your reply

I think that i will go with option 1. 

I just wanted to check befor i buy it, that i have the right product.

Thank you very much!

Message 3 of 4
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Blackbox25,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 
If your question is now answered we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements