Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SRX5308 - Static Route LAN to WAN Interface

tokey63
Aspirant

SRX5308 - Static Route LAN to WAN Interface

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to setup a firewall rule or static route to route ALL traffic from an IP address to use ONLY a specific WAN interface. In my case, I have a device I want to use a specific WAN IP address. If so, how does one do this on this router?

Thank You

Message 1 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: SRX5308 - Static Route LAN to WAN Interface

Hi @tokey63,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I assume that you have a secondary WAN IP address that you want to use for a device in your LAN.  Kindly try the steps below:

A. Add a secondary WAN address to a WAN port

1. On the web-GUI of the SRX5308, go to Network Configuration > WAN Settings > WAN Setup.  Notice that by default, the IPv4 is selected on the upper right portion.  

2. Click Edit on the WAN port that has an "UP" status where you want to add the secondary WAN IP address.

3. On the upper right portion, click on Secondary Addresses. 

4. In the Add WAN Secondary Addresses section of the screen, enter the secondary WAN IP Address and its corresponding Subnet Mask that you want to add.

5. Click the Add button.

Kindly read pages 47-49 of the SRX5308 reference manual here on how to Configure Secondary WAN Addresses.

B. Configure an Inbound LAN WAN Rule for a local device to use the secondary WAN IP address. 

1. On the web-GUI of the SRX5308, go to Security > Firewall > LAN WAN Rules. 

2. In the Inbound Services section, click Add.  Notice that by default, the IPv4 is selected on the upper right portion.  

3. In the Service drop-down list, select the service you prefer.  For example: HTTP.

4. In the Action drop-down list, select the action you prefer. For example: ALLOW Always.

5. In the Send to LAN Server field, select Single Address then enter the local IP address of the device.

6. In the WAN Destination IP Address drop-down list, select the secondary WAN IP Address you added.

7. Click Apply. 

Kindly read pages 166-167 of the SRX5308 reference manual here as reference to the steps above. 

Hope it helps. 🙂 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@tokey63,

I just want to follow-up on this.   We’d greatly appreciate your feedback.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 6
tokey63
Aspirant

this is a bit confusing. My apologies. What i want is for ALL traffic (outbound and inbound) for say PC @ 10.16.1.133 to use WAN2 (secondary). If we are using load balance, sometimes is uses WAN1 and other times it uses WAN2. I want it to ALWAYS use WAN2 and only that device.

Message 4 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@tokey63,

Thanks for the feedback.

What i want is for ALL traffic (outbound and inbound) for say PC @ 10.16.1.133 to use WAN2 (secondary). If we are using load balance, sometimes is uses WAN1 and other times it uses WAN2. I want it to ALWAYS use WAN2 and only that device.

If Load Balancing Mode is configured on the SRX5308, I suggest you to configure Protocol Binding wherein you can set the service, specify the WAN port (example: WAN2 port) and the source/destination IP address (example: 10.16.1.133). Kindly read pages 41-44 of the SRX5308 reference manual here about Load Balancing Mode and Protocol Binding.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@tokey63,

Just following-up on this.   We’d greatly appreciate your feedback.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements