Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SRX5308 VPN connects, no access to resources

mibo3000
Follower

SRX5308 VPN connects, no access to resources

I have 2 small networks in 2 different locations, and I need the possibility to use a computer on Network A to use resources on Network B.

Network B uses an SRX5308 firewall, and I have set it up to accept VPN connections. The PC on network A is a Win 8.1 machine.

I have set up a client on the Win 8.1 machine and it connects to the other network without problems (network status: connected), but I don't see any of the resources on Network B. IPconfig tells me that the VPN connection has IP 192.168.1.x. This may be the problem because the network B uses 192,168,0,x, as does network A. I had initially tried to set up the DHCP for the VPN for a section of 192.168.0.x, but the SRX5308 complained that the VPN OPs could not be in the same segment as the LAN behind it.

That makes me wonder how I need to set this up. If the VPN DHCP cannot use the same IP segment as the LAN, how can I ever get access to the resources?

What would be the correct configuration to be able to uses resources on Network B from a machine on Network A?

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements