Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: [SRX5308] Warranty return - need to wipe it or leave some marks?

MWisniewski
Tutor

[SRX5308] Warranty return - need to wipe it or leave some marks?

I am asking community, because I have all the support options disabled for now. I am replacing SRX5308 under RMA #1760362 due to sudden and frequent connection loses. If device is going to be investigated by team, I can leave some of its configuration (subnets, communities, domains, netfilter rules) with only sensitive config (keys, certs, accounts) removed. Will it help with case or it will be asserted "faulty hardware, not a software case?" I'd really like to have any reply from engineering team.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MWisniewski,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Returned units will go through general hardware testing upon return.  It is best that you remove the certificates, user accounts and keys before you send the faulty unit for replacement.

If ever you have received the replacement unit, be sure to observe if the same problem will occur after you have set it up.  If ever its still the same problem, you may still seek assistance from NETGEAR Support in reference with the RMA #1760362 that was provided to you.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MWisniewski,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Returned units will go through general hardware testing upon return.  It is best that you remove the certificates, user accounts and keys before you send the faulty unit for replacement.

If ever you have received the replacement unit, be sure to observe if the same problem will occur after you have set it up.  If ever its still the same problem, you may still seek assistance from NETGEAR Support in reference with the RMA #1760362 that was provided to you.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
MWisniewski
Tutor

Thanks for help. Of course sensitive data was erased (I left PSK lengths as descriptions in PSK fields). All users were removed. Other info is left untouched - subnets, AD domain name - all is on its place. I can provide any other info needed, as network structure, hardware models and configuration of directly attached device, just to reproduce error in development environment. Problem is seen after few days of constant work (can be avoided with scheduled restarts, but we have data replication at night, so no time is good for reboot).

Message 3 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MWisniewski,

Have you already receive your replacement unit?  Hope that its all working fine.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
MWisniewski
Tutor

Yeah, I have received replacement unit. However, I am afraid that it is not working properly either - but haven't explicitly found it because I was away from terminals, when network came down. I will investigate case because similar thread exists on forums.

Message 5 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MWisniewski,

Since the replacement unit you received is not working properly, you may still ask for technical assistance from NETGEAR Support.  Kindly provide the RMA number that was given to you so that they could check your profile and the history of your concern.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements