Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SRX5308. With BWP it getts slower and slower. Error: Failed to release class(76)

HenrikA
Tutor

SRX5308. With BWP it getts slower and slower. Error: Failed to release class(76)

I have an SRX5308 running with Bandwidth Profiles; Guests and Office. When people connect to the wifi they automatically get an IP (above 100) with the bandwidth profile Guest that have a limited upload and download speed. All devices with a Static IP below 100 have the profile Office with no limitations.

After a while the througput in the router gets slower and slower and finally it stops. The LAN-LAN routing works with no problems. It is not possible to connect to the web intreface in the router. When I catch this before it gets to bad I get this message in the log:

[SRX5308][Kernel][KERNEL] BWPROF:Failed to release class(76): Profile ID in class(110) mismatched with Profile ID in connection.

After a reboot it is fine again, but the problems comes back. I have also done a factory reset, but the problem is still there after some time.

I have about 100 devices connected to the router and around 10-20 are Guests.

Firmware is 4.3.4-1

I am very interested in to get some information what is behind that error code.

Thanks,

Henrik

Message 1 of 14

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: SRX5308. With BWP it getts slower and slower. Error: Failed to release class(76)

@HenrikA,

Thanks for the update.  I'm glad to know that the problem is not present when using an earlier version of the firmware.  🙂  Just to be specific, what earlier firmware version of the SRX5308 make it work? 

Since the problem is resolved for now using an earlier version of the firmware, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 14

All Replies
SamirD
Prodigy

I think you'll have better luck with trying a different firmware and seeing if you continue to have the problem vs getting an explanation for the error message.  It definitely sounds like you found a bug of some sort imo.

Message 2 of 14
HenrikA
Tutor

Thanks for replying. Well, it seems that I need to ask support for this.

-Henrik

Message 3 of 14
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi HenrikA,

I suggest you to update the firmware of the SRX5308 to the latest version 4.3.4-2 then perform a factory reset and reconfigure it from scratch.  Then, check if same problem will occur.  You can download the latest firmware v4.3.4-2 here.  

For the logs to be analyzed, you may open an online case with NETGEAR Support at anytime.  Let them know about your concern and attach the logs on the online case.  It will be forwarded to the engineering team for it to be interpreted.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 14
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@HenrikA,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to update the firmware of the SRX5308 to the latest version 4.3.4-2 then perform a factory reset and reconfigure it from scratch?  If yes, what are your observations?  

I believe you have already opened an online case with NETGEAR Support.  Kindly keep us posted about the progress of it.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 14
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@HenrikA,

I just want to follow-up on this again.  Any updates from your online case?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 14
HenrikA
Tutor

Sorry, nothing so far.

-Henrik

Message 7 of 14
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@HenrikA,

How about trying to update the firmware of the SRX5308 to the latest version 4.3.4-2 then perform a factory reset and reconfigure it from scratch?  I have suggested this on my earlier reply unto you and that might help.  Otherwise, you may want to do a follow-up with NETGEAR Support about your online case.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 14
HenrikA
Tutor

A valuable feature in this router is that it is possible to reboot into an earlier version of the fw. I did that and it works. This is fine with me since I am doing this very remotely ;). In April I am on location and will continue wit the latest fw.

-Henrik

Message 9 of 14
SamirD
Prodigy

Very cool to know the srx has this feature.  My rv016s also have this feature, and you're right it definitely is useful.

Message 10 of 14
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@HenrikA,

Thanks for the update.  I'm glad to know that the problem is not present when using an earlier version of the firmware.  🙂  Just to be specific, what earlier firmware version of the SRX5308 make it work? 

Since the problem is resolved for now using an earlier version of the firmware, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Cheers,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 11 of 14
HenrikA
Tutor

I downgraded to FW is 4.3.1-22

Message 12 of 14
HenrikA
Tutor

FW 4.3.1-22

Message 13 of 14
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@HenrikA,

Thanks for the feedback.  🙂  

Feel free to post your future concerns here in the community.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 14 of 14
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements