Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: SRX5308 not able to save WAN1 config info

BillyRed
Aspirant

SRX5308 not able to save WAN1 config info

I add WAN1 configuration information and then apply. When I test the connection, all zeros are in the configuration fields.

Test Fails.

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
BillyRed
Aspirant

I finally discovered a bad rj45 connector at the AT&T Router. The Netgear would not save the config without having a network signal. Replaced end and all is good. Thanks everyone for taking time to help with my problem...

View solution in original post

Model: FVS318v3|Cable/DSL ProSafe VPN Firewall with 8-port switch
Message 4 of 4

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi BillyRed,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

You were trying to set a static IP on WAN1 and once you hit apply, it goes back to blank fields. Is it running on the latest firmware? Have you tried connecting it to a dhcp or to the modem and check if it will be receiving an IP? Please also check if your WAN1 is set as primary and not set as roll-over.

Please download the firmware here.

*How to upgrade firmware on ProSAFE firewalls.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@BillyRed,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything is ok now or you still need further assistance.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
BillyRed
Aspirant

I finally discovered a bad rj45 connector at the AT&T Router. The Netgear would not save the config without having a network signal. Replaced end and all is good. Thanks everyone for taking time to help with my problem...

Model: FVS318v3|Cable/DSL ProSafe VPN Firewall with 8-port switch
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements