Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SRXN3205 SSL VPN will not communicate with remote PCs

eiwoh
Novice

SRXN3205 SSL VPN will not communicate with remote PCs

I have an SRXN3205 with an SSL VPN setup. The VPN has been setup for a while with no problems until now. At least I'm just noticing it now. Last time I tried was about two months ago. Now when I connect to the VPN I can not access my remote systems, no pings, ssh etc... I have it enabled for a full tunnel. If I setup a split tunnel than I can access the remote machines. But only that traffic is being passed throught the VPN. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 6
H3llGhost
Aspirant

Re: SRXN3205 SSL VPN will not communicate with remote PCs

Is there anything interesting in the logs?
Message 2 of 6
eiwoh
Novice

Not as far as I can tell. I did x out my username, but the rest is untouched. This is the only message that is in the SSL VPN log. Just repeats it a couple of times. The Firewall Log just show users connecting. Neither show any errors.

2011 Oct 11 19:48:57 [SRXN3205] [sslvpntunnel] id=SRXN3205 time="2011-10-11 19:48:57" fw=howieland.homeserver.com pri=6 rule=access-policy proto="SSL VPN Tunnel" src=76.10.240.8 user=xxx dst=howieland.homeserver.com arg="" op="" result="" rcvd="" msg="SSL VPN Tunnel"
Message 3 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Now when I connect to the VPN I can not access my remote systems, no pings, ssh etc... I have it enabled for a full tunnel. If I setup a split tunnel than I can access the remote machines. But only that traffic is being passed throught the VPN. Any ideas?

sounds like setting went screwy..

have you delete the SSL-VPN portal setting and make new one?

full tunnel failure means some how DNS is properly not working with client to to pass internet traffic but should still able to pass tunnel traffic but been very small setting in the portal settings, I suggest to delete and recreate might just as quick diagnostic then just looking at log
Message 4 of 6
eiwoh
Novice

jmizoguchi wrote:
sounds like setting went screwy..

have you delete the SSL-VPN portal setting and make new one?

full tunnel failure means some how DNS is properly not working with client to to pass internet traffic but should still able to pass tunnel traffic but been very small setting in the portal settings, I suggest to delete and recreate might just as quick diagnostic then just looking at log

Yes I have deleted all the settings several times. I have rebooted it a couple of times. I'm not home right now so I can't power cycle it. I have been using teamviewer on a client to troubleshoot. When I set it to spit tunnel I can access my remote systems without configuring any client routes, but only that traffic to my remote machines is going through the VPN. In full tunnel all traffic goes through the VPN properly but I can't access my remote systems.

I guess when I get home I'll have to reset the unit and start fresh unless I find that screwed up setting. I haven't changed anything and it worked last July. Thanks.
Message 5 of 6
eiwoh
Novice

It turns out there is nothing wrong with the settings on my SRXN3205. I had a friend try and he was able to ping my remotes systems. I then set up a virtual machine and can access all my remote systems. So the problem is on my laptop. I've tried disabling antivirus and firewall. But that didn't help. Checked for system updates and noticed my laptop is giving an error and unable to get updates. Ran a full system virus scan and checked with Malwarebytes just to be sure. System is clean, but has something wrong preventing me from getting updates.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements