Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SRXN3205 previous config loaded, not saving new config

mzeyrek
Aspirant

SRXN3205 previous config loaded, not saving new config

Due to slow performance, i was making factory reset time-to-time twice a year. In my last attempt i accidentally pressed load from previous config since than i've started facing prb.

I've tried to factory reset upon reboot but no luck it's giving an error occurred message at all times. Therefore i've decided to change existing config but it's loosing config on each reboot. I've tried factory reset button 30secs while it was on, than another 30 while booting and another 30sec powered off but can't factory reset device.

I'm able to access via CLI, however none of the commands are usable. Seems my firmware corrupted looking for a way to upload it again. I've also tried tftp upload but getting time-out errors. Has anyone have any idea ? I'm using this model at home and currently surviving with another pfsense solution but i'd be happy if i can bring back this device to life.

Thanks

Muco

Model: SRXN3205|ProSafe Wireless-N VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: SRXN3205 previous config loaded, not saving new config

Hi mzeyrek,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Kindly answer the questions below:

a.  What is the behavior of the LED lights on the SRXN3205?

b.  What is the current firmware version of it?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
mzeyrek
Aspirant

Hi DaneA,

Thank you 🙂 

My firmware is latest version 3.1.1-08.

Router beavioring normally, my network haven't changed much so able to connect with previous settings and lights seems to be OK i can see all green only orange blink during startup believe it's normal.I can do some modifications like adding new MAC's for security but the prb here it never ever saves modifications. When i try to re-upload firmware or factory reset device it gives "ERR_RESPONSE_HEADERS_TRUNCATED" over chrome, blank page on IE. reloads again same config.

What I realized today that factory reset button not working at all. I kept pressing frb with my left hand more than a min with a clip and while it's pressed i was still able to browse over it's webgui with my right hand 🙂 

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@mzeyrek,

It seems that the SRXN3205 is faulty since the factory reset is not working at all.  I advise you to open a chat/online case with NETGEAR Support and let them know about your concern.  Attach a .doc or .pdf copy of the Proof of Purchase or Sales Invoice of the SRXN3205 for warranty verification.  If ever the warranty is still valid, an online replacement will follow.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mzeyrek,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements