Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

UTM50 - What happens when licenses expire Jan 1, 2017

Iancaire
Aspirant

UTM50 - What happens when licenses expire Jan 1, 2017

I understand that support for the UTM including all updates expires Jan 1 2017.

What will be the consequences for the users?   That is,

1.  Does the UTM continue to function as a router (including all VPNs)?

2.  Do the URL filters (black and white lists) continue to function?

3.  What specifically stops working?

Appreciate any help.

Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: UTM50 - What happens when licenses expire Jan 1, 2017

Hi Iancaire,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I believe the UTMs will still function as a firewall router which means that you can still set-up VPN and blacklist/whitelist.  What will specifically stop are the updates for Web Protection and E-mail Protection.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Iancaire
Aspirant

DaneA,

Thank you for your response.   I have noticed in the past that if licenses expire the Web Protection and E-Mail Protection are actually disabled.  I suspect that this will happen this time unless there is some built in non-expiry of the licenses.

I was hoping that there would be at least some ongoing protection albeit going out-of-date over the next 6-12 months.

Regards,

Ian Caire

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Iancaire,

You may want to post your request on the Idea Exchange Board for Business here.  Be reminded that community members who will give kudos to your posts / ideas will help as the development team will be reviewing the post that has the most kudos and it might be considered to be implemented in the future. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Iancaire,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information I’ve provided has helped resolve your concern or if you need further assistance.  

If ever your concern has been addressed, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements