Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Upgrading frimware on SRX5308 from 3.0.7-24 to 4.3.5-3 resets all configuration

bradbiggers
Follower

Upgrading frimware on SRX5308 from 3.0.7-24 to 4.3.5-3 resets all configuration

I followed the instructions to upgrade the firmware to 4.3.5-3 on my SRX5308.  I rebooted the router, downloaded the configuration, then applied the 4.3.5-3 firmware.  After the router came back up it had lost all the configuration that was entered.  So I tried to upload the configuration that was downloaded earlier and it gave me a checksum error.  So I reactived the old firmware and was able to successfully reload the configuration so I am back to my firmware of 3.0.7-24.  Do I need to upgrade my firmware in multiple steps since Im so far behind.  Please help.

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Upgrading frimware on SRX5308 from 3.0.7-24 to 4.3.5-3 resets all configuration

Hi @bradbiggers,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

After the router came back up it had lost all the configuration that was entered.  So I tried to upload the configuration that was downloaded earlier and it gave me a checksum error.  

I'm sorry to inform you that the configuration file from firmware v3.0.7-24 is not compatible to firmware v4.3.5-3 that is why it resulted to a checksum error.  You will need to reconfigure the settings from scratch after upgrading the firmware to v4.3.5-3.

So I reactived the old firmware and was able to successfully reload the configuration so I am back to my firmware of 3.0.7-24.  Do I need to upgrade my firmware in multiple steps since Im so far behind.

Since you have already revert back the firmware to v3.0.7-24, I suggest you to save screenshots of the settings before upgrading the firmware to v4.3.5-3.  Use the screenshots as reference to reconfigure the settings from scratch after upgrading the firmware to v4.3.5-3.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Upgrading frimware on SRX5308 from 3.0.7-24 to 4.3.5-3 resets all configuration

@bradbiggers,

I just want to follow-up on this.  We’d greatly appreciate your feedback.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements