Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Licens

FAYEZCHAHRSTAN
Aspirant

VPN Client License

Hello

We have tried to install the VPN client from the CD, but i did not work.

When I loaded a newer version it asks me for a license which we dont have. I checked the CD and could not see any license number

Serial no: 1E259B3T00052

How can we solv this

Best regards

Fayez

+4687058037

Model: FR538G|ProSafe Quad WAN gigabit firewall
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
dhetzell
Tutor

Yes, I was able to register our FVS336Gv3 and had the license keys reset after opening an online case with support.  Everyone was very helpful.  I know this response is 4 months late but thanks again for your help.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: VPN Client License

Hi FAYEZCHAHRSTAN,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy 

The serial number you have given corresponds to an FVX538v2 VPN firewall.  Kindly answer the questions below:

a. The VPN client you mentioned, is it the NETGEAR VPN Client Lite software?  

b. Is the VPN client software you are referring to bundled with the FVX538v2 when it was purchased?  

If your answers to both questions above are "yes", then kindly access and read the article below to check if you are qualified to receive a free VPN Lite license key:

VPN Lite Software Version 6.12.001

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 12
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi FAYEZCHAHRSTAN,

I just want to follow-up on this. 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 12
FAYEZCHAHRSTAN
Aspirant

Hi and sorry to delay.

It did npt solve the problem.

The software on the CD doesnot work with newer Windows and the one I dowlnoaded needs a Licensnr.

Moment 22 as we call it in Sweden.

Best Regards

Fayez

Message 4 of 12
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi FAYEZCHAHRSTAN,

It seems that what you have downloaded is the NETGEAR ProSAFE VPN Client Professional software.  It would really require a license after the 30-day trial period.  You may purchase the license key from any NETGEAR Authorized Reseller listed on this link.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 12
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi FAYEZCHAHRSTAN,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information I’ve provided has helped resolve your concern or if you need further assistance.  If ever your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 12
dhetzell
Tutor

I had a hard drive crash which was running the ProSafe® VPN Client Professional.  I replaced the HD and reinstalled the software via a full backup. When attempting to run the VPN software, I was told that the license was already installed on another computer and that I would need to uninstall it from the old HD before it could be used.  Since I can't uninstall it from the crashed HD, I have without success been attempting to contact Netgear tech support for advice.  How can I get my license key reinstated?  Who do I contact and how do I contact them???

We are using a Gigabit Dual WAN SSL VPN Firewall FVS336Gv3.

Message 7 of 12
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dhetzell,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I advise you to register the serial number of your FVS336Gv3 to your MyNETGEAR account.  After you have registered it, kindly open an e-mail ticket  under the FVS336Gv3.  State what happened and do not forget to indicate the e-mail address you have used when you have registered your VPN license key before.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 12
dhetzell
Tutor

Great!

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.  I'll let you know how I make out.

Message 9 of 12
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dhetzell,

I just want to follow-up on you.  Were you able to register your FVS336Gv3 to your MyNETGEAR account and open an online case regarding your concern so that you could get the license key to activate the ProSafe® VPN Client Professional software? 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 10 of 12
josephsmith0000
Aspirant

Re: VPN Client License

Fayez my suggestion is that don't install VPN from PC because many time VPN which is installed from CD is Fake so download VPN From the internet if you can use premium VPN then use Premium  VPN because premium VPN is very safe and secure then free VPN.

Thank You

Message 11 of 12
dhetzell
Tutor

Yes, I was able to register our FVS336Gv3 and had the license keys reset after opening an online case with support.  Everyone was very helpful.  I know this response is 4 months late but thanks again for your help.

Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements