Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: VPN Client Lite Activation Server is unreachable

cardsaw
Aspirant

VPN Client Lite Activation Server is unreachable

I tried to activate my 1 user license ProSafe VPN Client Lite that came with my FVS318N and repeadly recieved this failure:

"Activation not compleated"

"Activation Error 54: The Activation Server is unreachable"

I am connected to the internet, do not use a proxy, and have Windows 7 firewall turned off. I have tried to activate for the last 4 to 5 hours. Is there any way I can tell if the Activate servers are really down? 

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
cardsaw
Aspirant

Around 11:00 AM EST the Activation Server was reached and my software activated. 

I would wish if there was a outage for considerable time, that Netgear knew of, they would post a notification, here for instance, so that time would not be wasted by trying to find where you messed up.

More important the VPN Client Lite works great!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi cardsaw,

You are entitled with a Lifetime Chat Support with NETGEAR.  I suggest you to open a chat case with NETGEAR Support about your concern at anytime. A NETGEAR Support expert will verify the VPN Client Lite license key you have.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
cardsaw
Aspirant

Around 11:00 AM EST the Activation Server was reached and my software activated. 

I would wish if there was a outage for considerable time, that Netgear knew of, they would post a notification, here for instance, so that time would not be wasted by trying to find where you messed up.

More important the VPN Client Lite works great!

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@cardsaw,

Thanks for the update.  I'm glad that the license key got activated and nice to know that the VPN Client Lite works. 🙂 

Cheers,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements