Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VPN Client Lite license full - how to recover installs on discarded PCs?

abullion
Follower

VPN Client Lite license full - how to recover installs on discarded PCs?

Essentially, we have installed our Netgear VPN Client Lite Software the maximum number of times allowed by the license - 5

We finally reached a point where we need to install it two more times.  We realized that 3 of the previous installs are for laptops or pcs that are no longer being used, but there was no way to "undo" the use of the key.

No where on the Netgear site or online, could I find a vendor for a new version of the VPN Client Lite Software or if there is a alternative product we can purchase with more installs / keys.  The trick here being, that I am not familiar with how the PROsafe SRX5308 was configured and have been just copying the config file on my laptop to the other computers as needed.  Hopefully that makes sense and wasn't too much of a tangent.  

TL/DR  Anyone able to tell me if I can get my license reset? and if so, is there still a way to purchase additional license space for the future?  or is there a better VPN software that will work with my existing netgear software?

Thank you for your time

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: VPN Client Lite license full - how to recover installs on discarded PCs?

Hi @abullion,

I got a feedback from the higher tier of NETGEAR Support that all 5-user VPN licenses has been reset. You may now register it on a new PC/ laptop. 😀

If ever you do not have further concerns, I encourage you to click the appropriate reply as the 'Accepted Solution.'  Feel free to post any inquiry here in the community.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @abullion,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I have forwarded to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support the 3 e-mail addresses from the private message you have sent me and still none of it were used to register the VPN Client license key you have sent.   

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @abullion,

I got a feedback from the higher tier of NETGEAR Support that all 5-user VPN licenses has been reset. You may now register it on a new PC/ laptop. 😀

If ever you do not have further concerns, I encourage you to click the appropriate reply as the 'Accepted Solution.'  Feel free to post any inquiry here in the community.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements