Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: VPN Client Lite license key

JorisN
Initiate

VPN Client Lite license key

We purchased 6 SRX5308 firewalls in may of 2011. At that time I didn't know there was a VPN Client for windows available.

Now I would like to use it, but I need a license key to install it, which I don't have.

Units purchased in 2012 get 5 licence keys, but what about the ones purchased before that date? 

I don't have the box or the cd anymore, so i can't check what was included...

Is it possible to get a license key so I can experiment with the lite version of the client?

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi JorisN,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I'm afraid to inform you that you are not eligible to get the VPN Lite license keys anymore since the SRX5308 VPN firewalls were purchased last May of year 2011.  To double-check, you may want to verify the serial numbers of your SRX5308 VPN firewalls here

You may want to try the VPN Client Professional.  It has a 30-day trial period.  After the 30-day trial period expires, you will need to purchase a license key in order to continue using it.  You may download the latest version here

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi JorisN,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 3 of 7
ms1234
Aspirant

Hello,

Have been using VPN Client Lite for years with a few different Netgear routers with much success for reaching home and remote offices, etc. Recently uninstalled VPN Client Lite on one host before re-image... which is supposed to release the license key but apparently that did not happen. Now trying to set up again and tells me KEY is in use on another machine. I even went back and checked the VM I'd made of that machine before re-image. Indeed the app was uninstalled while online.

Currently unable to create a support ticket, phone or chat session. These seem to have expired.

Would a moderator or support be kind enough to PM me so I can send the KEY # for reset.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Message 4 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ms1234,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

It seems you have already opened an online case with NETGEAR Support.  I also inquired it to the NETGEAR Support team.  Kindly wait for their response.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@ms1234,

I just want to follow-up on your concern.  I believe your VPN Lite license key has been reset already.  Were you able to try to register it?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 7
ms1234
Aspirant

Support got in touch. Key is reset and all is resolved. Thank you and best regards.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements