Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: VPN Client Lite license problem

psykokid
Aspirant

VPN Client Lite license problem

After uninstalling the client on an older laptop that was being retired and reinstalling the client on a new laptop I get the already registered error when trying to activate it on the new computer. The old computer was connected to the internet at the time of removal so it should have reset the install, but apparently it has not. As I am outside of the 90 day free support window I cannot open a support ticket to have this issue resolved. Is there any way I can have the licence activation reset so that I can use the software again? Thanks in advance

Jake

Model: FVS336Gv2|PROSAFE DUAL WAN GIGABIT FIREWALL WITH SSL & IPSEC VPN
Message 1 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi psykokid,

Kindly send me a private message and indicate the following:

a. The e-mail address that was associated to the VPN Client license key when you have registered it before.

b. The VPN Client license key. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@psykokid,

I got your private message.  I have checked the VPN Client Lite license key you have sent and found out that its not yet registered.  With regard to this, I suggest you to login to your MyNETGEAR account then register the VPN Client Lite license key.  Afterwards, try to open a chat / online case with NETGEAR Support then state your concern on why the VPN Client Lite license key needs to be reset.  

Keep us posted.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 6
psykokid
Aspirant

@DaneA,

I went to the MyNETGEAR account and attempted to register the licensce key. It appears you cannot register the software, only the device it came bundled with. The device itself is registered, and I have the original install CD with the S/N of the device and the licence key printed on the label on the back of the CD sleeve. Again, as the device is well outside the 90 day support window I cannot open a chat / online support case with support directly. Sending you a PM.

Cheers,

Jake

Message 4 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@psykokid,

I got a feedback that your VPN Client Lite license key has been reset by the NETGEAR Support team.  Let us know if you were able to register it on your new laptop. 

If ever you are able to register the VPN Client Lite license key on your new laptop, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@psykokid,

I just want to follow-up on this again.  I believe that the NETGEAR Support team have already you reset your VPN Client Lite license key.  Let us know if you were able to register it on your new laptop. 

If ever you are able to register the VPN Client Lite license key on your new laptop, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements