Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VPN Lite Client License not available after uninstall

netpilot
Aspirant

VPN Lite Client License not available after uninstall

The VPN Lite Client which came with the router was istalled on a Win 8.1 pro machine and worked well. Due to a new laptop the client has to be installed on that new machine now, which is running under Win 10 pro. The VPN Lite Software is version 6.12.007.

I uninstalled it on the 'old' machine with no error message or so. The system was connected to the internet during uninstall.

When I now try to apply the license code on the new machine it says "Error 33" (License is already in use on this or another system...).

I tried this for several times, as an Administrator, with Win 7 settings and so on... nothing helped.

Can anybody tell me how to solve this issue ? - Thanks!

Bernd

Model: FVS318N|ProSafe Wireless N 8 port gigabit VPN firewall
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: VPN Lite Client License not available after uninstall

Hi netpilot, 

I would like to inform you that your license has now been reset. It should be usable now on your installation. 

Have a great day!

Thanks,

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello netpilot, 

Welcome to the community! 

Regarding this case, I believe the best way is to contact our Support Team and create a ticket for license reset. If you have uninstalled it while the device is online, the server should have been notified. It appears that the server did not detect the uninstallation of the application. 

Thanks,

Message 2 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi netpilot, 

Just want to follow-up.  Were you able to open an online case with NETGEAR Support to help you with your concern?  If yes, kindly keep us posted.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 8
netpilot
Aspirant

Hi ,

thaks for your reply.

I was not able to contact support. I have not found a way to open a call regarding just the software. The system always asks for a (hw) product. Unfortunately my router is out of the free service periode and so I cannot open a call without havin a service contract ( that's what I have understood so far...). But maybe I have not found the right way to open tha call anyway. So please advise what to do.

Thanks!

-np

Model: FVS318N|ProSafe Wireless N 8 port gigabit VPN firewall
Message 4 of 8
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi netpilot, 

I'll request for the reset on this one. Can you please PM me your license key? We appreciate your patience. 

Thanks, 

Message 5 of 8
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi netpilot, 

I would like to inform you that your license has now been reset. It should be usable now on your installation. 

Have a great day!

Thanks,

Message 6 of 8
netpilot
Aspirant

Thanks again for the really good support!

The license key could be applied to the newly installed software as it should be.

-np

Message 7 of 8
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi netpilot, 

You are most welcome! Have a great day! 

Thanks,

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies