Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: VPN

wbrass
Aspirant

VPN

Registered SRX5308 with Netgear but unable to download/access VPN license key (NetgearVPNClientLite) from "MyNetgear".

Technical support for the product has ended but "Chat" should be available for a "lifetime". 

Strange, no chat is available right now... Anyone?

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 7
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi wbrass,

VPN lite license key was actually included in the package. It was a CD installer which has the license key on it. May I know where did you get this device? Was this a 2nd hand unit?

Welcome to our community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@wbrass,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything works ok now or you still need further assistance.

Regards,

Message 3 of 7
wbrass
Aspirant

The unit was inherited (already installed) at a new customer office. The client didn’t know the device had 5 VPN seats and the former IT team is long gone.
Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 4 of 7
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@wbrass,

Do you have any idea what is the email address that has been used for the VPN license so that we can get it from there?

Regards,

Message 5 of 7
wbrass
Aspirant

No; I don't have the email information for the installers of the equipment.  Can the serial # be used to retrieve that information?

Message 6 of 7
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@wbrass,

May you be able to send me the SN via pm so that I can try to check it on our database?

Regards,

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements