Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: VPNG01L VPN Prosafe Client activation Error #54

nettyuser
Aspirant

VPNG01L VPN Prosafe Client activation Error #54

Software activation is failing.  I'm receiving the following "Activation not completed" ... "Activation Error 54: The Activation Server is unreachable."..

I've tried disabling the firewall and antivirus software, yet still getting the same error.  I am not using a proxy.

I am in the process of upgrading my computer with a replacement hard drive. This license was previously activated on the old drive which is no longer being used.

Any insight as to what might be the problem?

Model: VPNG01L|ProSafe VPN Client Professional (1-user)
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@nettyuser

Is your computer already using Windows 8 before or was just updated to Windows 8? 

Since you have already tried to disabled both the Windows firewall and anti-virus, kindly try to uninstall the anti-virus software in your Windows 8 PC and check if same problem will occur. 

Also, if ever you are not using the latest version of the VPNG01L, I suggest you to install it on your PC.  You can download the latest VPNG01L Professional Software Version 6.40.004 here.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @nettyuser,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Your VPN Client Lite license key needs to be reset.  Kindly send me via private message the following below and I'll request the higher tier of NETGEAR Support to reset the VPN Client Lite license key:

a. the exact VPN Client Lite license key

b. the e-mail address that was used to register the VPN Client Lite license key

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@nettyuser,

I got a feedback from the higher tier of NETGEAR Support that your VPN Professional Client software license key has been reset.  Kindly try to register it again in your computer.  

If ever you don't have further inquiries and since your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 7
nettyuser
Aspirant

I'm still not able to activate the software.  The same error is being reported -having disabled anti-virus and windows firewall. Windows 8.  

Message 4 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@nettyuser

Is your computer already using Windows 8 before or was just updated to Windows 8? 

Since you have already tried to disabled both the Windows firewall and anti-virus, kindly try to uninstall the anti-virus software in your Windows 8 PC and check if same problem will occur. 

Also, if ever you are not using the latest version of the VPNG01L, I suggest you to install it on your PC.  You can download the latest VPNG01L Professional Software Version 6.40.004 here.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 7
nettyuser
Aspirant

I'm a little suprised that I'd have to uninstall the AV program as I initially installed the ProSafe VPN client  ( NETGEARVPNClientPro_Setup_V6.40.004 ) with it running back in October 2017. 

Would starting the computer in safe mode w/networking achieve the same as uninstalling the anti-virus program?  As such, the AV program is not running and I still cannot activate the software. 

Can Netgear tech support activate the software provided my computer's mac address?  

Message 6 of 7
nettyuser
Aspirant

It's now activated.  I ended up upgrading to Windows 8.1 which did not work immediately.  I ended up uninstalling the anti-virus software which did the trick. 

Thank you for your help.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements