Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: VS318v3 slow uplink / WAN speed when used as DHCP server

jetro57070
Follower

VS318v3 slow uplink / WAN speed when used as DHCP server

I have a FVS318V3 with most current firmware, and it only rus at 10Mb uplink speed, when data sheet tells me the uplink can run at 100Mb

I have it configured as DHCP server, for home office network with all 8 ports being used for wired connection to 7 devices and 1 wirless access port. I have 20Mb network speed ( I can connect my DSL modem directly to my PC and get 20Mb) but when I run it through the FVS318 I only get 10Mb uplink speed? connected to DM200 DSL modem

Model: FVS318v3|Cable/DSL ProSafe VPN Firewall with 8-port switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi jetro57070,

Welcome to our community!

As per double checking, your device is FVS318v3 which is actually pretty old and it can only handle upto 11.5mbps WAN-to-LAN throughput. So I think, it is working as designed. You may need to purchase a new router that can handle your bandwidth speed.

Please check the datasheet here.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi jetro57070,

Welcome to our community!

As per double checking, your device is FVS318v3 which is actually pretty old and it can only handle upto 11.5mbps WAN-to-LAN throughput. So I think, it is working as designed. You may need to purchase a new router that can handle your bandwidth speed.

Please check the datasheet here.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@jetro57070,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything is ok now or you still need further assistance.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements