Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wake On Lan via FVS336Gv2 router

Brasileric
Aspirant

Wake On Lan via FVS336Gv2 router

Hi,

I'm trying to set up Wake On Lan over the internet (so Wake On Wan) on my FVS336Gv2 (firmware 4.3.3-6). What i tried is to forward UDP port 9 to the broadcast address (x.x.x.255) so that the magic packet will be send to the internal broadcast address. But I think forwarding to the broadcast address is not possible because i'm not receiving the magic packet on the computers. If I try it within the internal network (behind the router) it's working well.

Has someone this working on a FVS336Gv2?

Thanks in advance for advice.

Eric

Model: FVS336Gv2|PROSAFE DUAL WAN GIGABIT FIREWALL WITH SSL & IPSEC VPN
Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Wake On Lan via FVS336Gv2 router

Hi Brasileric,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

The FVS336Gv2 is a router and although its usually being deployed in enterprise environments, let me share this old forum thread from the NETGEAR Home Community.  Kindly read it and it might help.  Some community members have mentioned there that "WOL has nothing to do with the router."  Also, read the links that was shared on the forum thread.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Brasileric
Aspirant

Hi DaneA,

Thanks for reply. WOL has nothing to do with the router as long as you are connected with the local network. Once you want to use WOL over the internet it has everything to do with the router of course. Because the router has to let through the WOL magic packets from outside the local network.

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Brasileric,

Were you able to read this old forum thread I've shared from the NETGEAR Home Community?  If yes, were you able to access and try the steps on this link that was shared on the old forum thread?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
Brasileric
Aspirant

Hi DaneA,

Thanks for reply again. Yes I read this and followed the guide, but doesn't work with the FVS336Gv2. Meanwhile we replaced the router for another brand and with this other one it worked in one time, so that's the solution for us. I think Netgear has to pay more attention to this kind of features. 

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements