Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wired AP - SRX5308 - Internet - SRX5308 - Wired AP

gavos
Aspirant

Wired AP - SRX5308 - Internet - SRX5308 - Wired AP

I am planning a complete redesign for the networks of two places and I would appreciate your thoughts or recommendations for devices. See the concept in the image.

1. It seems that the SSL VPN will be SRX5308
  2. I have not decided yet the Wired Access Points (2-3 at each site). I do not want to use wireless controller (like WB7630). It goes without saying that wirless roaming between the WAPs of each site would be the perfect solution.
  3. Preferable that mobile devices use OS native VPN tools (those could be any laptop, smartphone, or desktop)

Indeed Thank you for your ideas!

p.s. cost for now would better be ignored.

CompleteOwnNetConcept.png

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Wired AP - SRX5308 - Internet - SRX5308 - Wired AP

Hi gavos,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi gavos,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

SRX5308 would be a good choice of VPN firewall router if ever you are subscribed to 2-4 Internet Service Providers or if you plan have branch sites which is ideal for box-to-box IPSec VPN connection.

There are 5 NETGEAR VPN Client Lite licenses bundled if you purchase one (1) SRX5308.  In relation to this, you may want to consider having a client-to-box VPN connection using laptops or desktops.  Kindly check this link.  

With regard to the access points, you may want to consider either the WAC720 or WAC730.  Both supports the 802.11ac standard and backwards compatible to the 802.11n standard as well as 802.11a standard.  Kindly check these articles below:

WAC720 Data Sheet

WAC730 Data Sheet

ProSAFE® WAC720 and WAC730 and everything 802.11ac FAQs

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi gavos,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 3 of 6
gavos
Aspirant

I have one last question. Can I implement "ensamble" with WAC720 or WAC730 connecting them to the same SRX5308? (without connecting the two WAC7x0 together)

Message 4 of 6
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi gavos, 

Ensemble is centralized management, which means you can manage both APs in a single UI. If you want to manage them separately then you'll just have to put them on standalone mode. When on ensemble the AP belongs to a group, this does not mean that the two APs depend on each other. They are connected, yes, but because they are managed by a single UI. It is not like, being used as a wireless bridge or a repeater. 

Let us know if this helps. 

Thanks,

Message 5 of 6
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi gavos, 

We'd like to know if you have more questions. Otherwise, we encourage you to mark the appropriate post as a solution. This will help other users when they search for this specific concern. 

Thanks,

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements