Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

fvs336gv3 inbound rules not working

picgla
Follower

fvs336gv3 inbound rules not working

I have an fvs336gv3, firmware 4.3.5-3.  I have defined 9 inbound lan-wan rules similar to the following:

Service Name    Filter                   LAN Server IP Address   LAN Users   WAN Users   QOS Profile     Destination     Bandwidth Profile   Log
ssh-tcp-207     ALLOW always    192.168.2.207                       Any         NONE            WAN1            NONE                Always

These rules worked fine until recently, then abruptly stopped allowing any through traffic.  I updated the firmware to 4.3.5-3 in hopes that would fix the problem, but there has been no change.  All inbound traffic is still blocked.  Everything I have tried (rules disable-enable, power cycling, rebooting) to correct this problem has had no successful results.  Does anyone have any ideas or specific knowledge that I might try to correct this problem?  Thanks in advance.

4.3.5-3

Model: FVS336Gv3|ProSafe dual WAN gigabit firewall with SSL and IPSec VPN
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
picgla2
Aspirant

Re: fvs336gv3 inbound rules not working

i had two problems contributing to this failure.

1) i followed the suggestion to delete all current affected rules and services, then rebooted.  after reinstalling the services and recreating the rules, i rebooted again.

inbound rules still did not function.  problem was:

2) verify correct external IP with dyndns.

after updating the external dynamic dns address with dyndns.org, all rules functioned as expected.

thank you very much for the suggestions and good leads.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi picgla,

Welcome to the community!

It seems that this is working before and I see no other issues in here unless there is a new port opened and now having a conflict. These ports should be accessible first in the local network and if it is not working on the local side then it will not work on the public network. Have you ever checked if there is any ports that is having a conflict to your previous setup? Please try resetting the firewall to factory default and re-create those policies. Please also check if these ports are open on the public network using a port scanner.

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@picgla,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if you still need further assistance and just in case that the reply would be the answer to your issue. I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 5
picgla2
Aspirant

i had two problems contributing to this failure.

1) i followed the suggestion to delete all current affected rules and services, then rebooted.  after reinstalling the services and recreating the rules, i rebooted again.

inbound rules still did not function.  problem was:

2) verify correct external IP with dyndns.

after updating the external dynamic dns address with dyndns.org, all rules functioned as expected.

thank you very much for the suggestions and good leads.

Message 4 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@picgla2,

Thank you for that information. Atleast, you were now able to work with your inbound rules. I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements