Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: uninstalled VPN from old system and now I can't reinstall on different system

TryingToLikeNet
Aspirant

uninstalled VPN from old system and now I can't reinstall on different system

License management (or lack of it) is unbelievable. Just a simple uninstall from one system and reinstall on another system doesn't work - license not released.

The support guys are great, once you get one to work on the issue. You can't even submit a tickect on a product without a serial number, even though the web page appears that you can. I had to resort to sending a PM to the Netgear moderator and hope I can get some help.

Last time I had an issue with a 5-pack the only option was to reset all 5 and then reactivate. I decided to pass and so basically lost a license.

Still, we are buying at least 1 more 5-pack. I'm thinking we need to stock up on numerous extras so we don't get caught short like we are today. What a terrific solution.

Oh the simple things....

Model: VPNG05L|ProSafe VPN Client Professional (5-user)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: uninstalled VPN from old system and now I can't reinstall on different system

Hi @TryingToLikeNet,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I got your private message and quickly sent a request to reset the VPN Client license key to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support.  

Just now, I got a feedback that the VPN Client license key has been reset for the user with the e-mail address you have specified via private message.  Kindly try to register it now.

If ever you do not have further concerns and since the VPN Client license key has been reset, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @TryingToLikeNet,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I got your private message and quickly sent a request to reset the VPN Client license key to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support.  

Just now, I got a feedback that the VPN Client license key has been reset for the user with the e-mail address you have specified via private message.  Kindly try to register it now.

If ever you do not have further concerns and since the VPN Client license key has been reset, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
TryingToLikeNet
Aspirant

DaneA,

Thank you very much for your quick, overnight response. I was able to reactivate the license on the new system!

I did mark this as a solution, but it sure isn't optimal. I had to comb though posts to find someone to PM.

In the next few days I am going to repeat this process for another user - uninstall and reinstall on a new system. Am I going to have the same issue? Is the license management process not working at all, or is it just hit-and-miss?

I may PM you again about this should the issue reocurr. Hope you don't mind, but you fixed it so fast!

Regards,

Chris

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements