Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: vita 49 packet issue

Gorden
Aspirant

vita 49 packet issue

I have several SRXN3205 routers, all with 3.1.1-08 firmware, at several locations operating with different ISP's.  When trying to connect a remote client radio device to any of those routers and connections, part of the devices functions don't work.  The device manufacture tells me the SRXN3205 routers are not allowing vita 49 packets to pass through.

When we connect the device to other routers such as a Linksys everything works with the radio device.

Except for this issue the SRXN3205 routers do what we need and I prefer not to replace them.

Is there some setting change that will allow vita 49 support with the 3205?

Model: SRXN3205|ProSafe Wireless-N VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Gorden,

As far as I have checked, there are no issues logged for the SRXN3205 about the issue as per you have described on your initial post. 

I searched online about Vita 49 packets  and found this link.  Let us try this, since there is a remote client radio device connecting from outside the network, kindly open TCP/UDP ports 4991 and 4992 on the SRXN3205 and point it to the LAN IP Address of the server radio device.  Then, check if same problem occurs.   

If ever opening TCP/UDP ports 4991 and 4992 on the SRXN3205 does not help, kindly try to open all ports and see if that would allow the remote client radio device connect from outside the network.  

Let us know the result. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Gorden,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Were you able to try my suggestions?  If yes, let us know the result.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 5
Gorden
Aspirant

Sorry for the delay in responding.  Yes we did try your suggestions.  That did not fix it.

Alternatively I went on Amazon and bought a FVG318 router to test.  Without any port forwarding settings it provides client access to the radio which we can't get though to using several different SRXN3205 routers.  The required port settings are for the server end of the connection.  No special port settings are need for the client.  The client is suppose to use most any network connection and for the most part it does but not the 3205 routers.  They are not passing vita 49 packets.

This needs to get fixed.

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Gorden,

I apologize for the late response.  I understand that port forwarding is not needed on other firewalls (such as the FVG318) to let vita 49 packets to pass through which is why I inquired your concern to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support.

I'm afraid to inform you that as per the the higher tier of NETGEAR Support, since the SRNX3205 is already End-of-Life (EOL), it won't be getting any new firmware releases to address the problem of not allowing vita 49 packets to pass.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements