Nighthawk MK83 Mesh Network

DennisMahoney
Follower

Nighthawk MK83 Mesh Network

I have just changed ISP and the new ISP supplied a modem-router combination which does not adequately cover our house. I have found that the Orbi RBR50v2 (on sale at Best Buy) with one satellite appears to work well. There is also a Nighthawk MK83 mesh network (Amazon's Choice for mesh network) with two satellites for a similar cost. I am confused by all the choices Netgear offers. Can anyone suggest the pros and cons of these or even recommend another system in the same price range? I am still within the return window for both and want to have the best solution. I know that one is Wi-Fi 5 and the other is Wi-Fi 6 but we have not reached that level with our other devices which all work well. 

The Orbi system seems physically large in comparison to the MK83 and others like Google's hockey pucks (which I tried and they worked poorly). Does a larger system allow for a larger antenna giving better coverage and data transfer between the main unit and the satellites? Are two satellites better than one or do they have more system overhead slowing down the whole network?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation