Nighthawk x6 R800 - Wi-Fi losing internet

sbatur
Aspirant

Nighthawk x6 R800 - Wi-Fi losing internet

Hi folks,

I got an X6 R8000 which I am suing about a year now. My network is set up as following:

- A main modem router provided by the internet provider (fiber) with 4 giga ports. On this device the Wi-fi is disabled.

- X6 r8000 connceted to the main router via LAN cable acting as wireless access point on the ground floor / DHCP disabled, main router is the DHCP server / Wifi 2.4 SSID is same with the other router on the attic but different channel / WIFI 5 G SSID different than the WIFI 2.4 but same as the WIFI 5G  on the attic and WIFI  channels are different than the other router on the attic

- the router on the attic is connected to the main router via LAN cable acting as wireless access point / DHCP disabled, main router is the DHCP server / Wifi 2.4 SSID is same with the other router on the ground floor but different channel / WIFI 5 G SSID different than the WIFI 2.4 but same as the WIFI 5G  on the ground floor and WIFI  channels are different than the other router on the ground floor.

Basically I have the main router acting as the DHCP/No wifi and other two routers on the ground and 3rd floors acting as Wi-fi access points. I have one SSID for 2.4 channel and a different SSID for 5G channel. This setup I have is the one I am using for several years without any issue. However since I have replaced my previous NETGEAR I had with the X6 R8000 on the gorund floor I have unstable and sometimes not internet connection even though I can see that I am connected to the wifi R8000. If I reboot the R8000 when this issue occurs internet connection comes back up but lasts for 2-3 days and then issue perpetuates. Interestingly devices connected to the LAN ports of the r8000 don;t lose connectivity to the internet. 

When this nissue occurs if I swithc wifi connection of the device to the one on the attic I have internet access. If I switch back to r8000 wifi connects but no internet connection until I power cycle the R8000.

I have the latest firmware (V1.0.4.76_10.1.82). I tried older firmwares, I did factory reset a million times. I tried using it not as an AP but a separate netwrok behind the main router, no luck. 

I replaced the r8000 with another router temporarily in the same setup stcuture I explained above things work fine. I'm convinced that this is a HW issue and called the Netgear support but unfortunately somneone with an attitude picked up the phone. Never even listened to what I had to say, patronized me and bottom line ended up with phone hung up on my face!

I live in the netherlands and everytime I call the support number the same very guy picks up, I just can't go past him and he is not friendly at all. He ggave my a mental breakdown last time. Looks like there isn't any other support or complaint number I can use. Very disaapointing support from Netgear. Not sure what to do from this moment on. Any help appreciated.

cheers,

Sukru

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation