R7000 AC1900 > No (WiFi) network every day

Benvan68
Guide

R7000 AC1900 > No (WiFi) network every day

Hello,

It's unbelievable but for the several time after months the same problem is back. Every day all my (wifi) devices do not have connections with the internet. The only thing i can do is to restart the Router R7000 AC1900 and for one day we have wifi/internet with all devices.

The icon sais there is connection but no pages cannot be reached, there is no access.

Accept after i reboot the Router, this is a problem which i send earlier in topic and the Response from Netgear was None! 

Of course i can backup en restore all settings but a Firmware Update will be appreciated because i thougt this was the solution before. 

At this time i have a Windows 11 OS and i think this big problem or conflict (because i work partial at home) can have the following inflict:

- after new Windows Updates?, or

- my Synology NAS (after update) is the problem to get my Router blocked, because a security reason?

Our router will block all the traffic with the outside.

Our internal netwerk (NAS, Netflix etc) stays reachable but there is no connection with the outside.

I can ping the router but i cannot approach(login) the router so i have to restart it with the on/off button and must do that  every day. 

Very frustrating to have this problem again for the .xx time, please help!

Thx, 

Ben  

p.s. My internet service provider has checked everything and with the Modem there is no problem. 

Message 1 of 3
Benvan68
Guide

Re: R7000 AC1900 > No (WiFi) network every day

In het NL:

Het is onvoorstelbaar maar telkens komt het volgende probleem terug. Dit heb ik voor 2 jaar terug ook gehad. Dagelijks moet ik mijn router R7000, AC1900 herstarten om verbinding te krijgen met het internet.

Meerdere, zoniet alle devices hebben tijdelijk geen connectie naar buiten en dan is de verbinding opeens weer terug. Nu meerdere keren per dag.
Eerder heb ik hiervoor een ticket ingeschoten waarop bij Netgear niet werd gereageerd.

Natuurlijk kan ik weer een backup en restoree doen nadat ik alle settings opnieuw heb ingesteld maar een Firmware Update lijkt me hier het meest op zijn plaats omdat ik denk dat het ook bij de vorige oplossing heeft geholpen, dat weet ik nu niet meer zeker.

Ik gebruik Windows 11 (vorige keer was het nog Windows 10) en ik denk dat er een conflict is (ik werk ook soms thuis) en dan kan ik dit soort dingetje er echt niet bij gebruiken.
Kan het probleem anders liggen aan:
• Nieuwe windows update?
• Mijn Synology NAS (na update) dat deze mijn Router blokkeert na inkomens/uitgaand verkeer?

Overigens blijven andere verbindingen als bijvoorbeeld (NAS, Netflix etc) intern wel beschikbaar en kan de router wel pingen. Vreemde is nl. ook dat na minuut de verbinding weer terug is maar het is gewoon onwerkbaar in instabiel werken op deze manier, heel frustrerend dat het probleem nu weer terug is.

Graag jullie hulp en meedenken aub?
Ben

p.s. Ik heb in eerste instantie ook contact gehad met de service provider maar zij geven aan geen problemen te zien in mijn modem welke direct is geschakeld met mij router.

Message 2 of 3
Benvan68
Guide

Re: R7000 AC1900 > No (WiFi) network every day

Hello, 

At the moment i have problemen again with my R7000 router, once a day or two days everyone from our family in our house has no internetconnection anymore.  

I can ping my router but cannot reache it when i try to connect with ip adres in the browser. 

It occurs to me that the DNS adresses from the router suddenly changed and that's why we all don't have internet connection.

How is it possible because when i change my dns settings from my local PC, i have internet connection But i still cannot connecting the router when i try to connect with the ipadres from the R7000.  

After meanwhile (also suddenly) alle devices can connect so the problem seems temporarily dissolved. But i still can't reache the router with the ipadres (default gateway). 

I have the latest firmware installed so that's seems not the problem. 

We are now 3 years later and again daily problems with the R7000 ?? Is there maybe a structural solution for this network problem with the R7000 ?

With Regards,

Ben Ros

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation