RN314 Connection lost V6.10.1

Groenvleugel
Aspirant

RN314 Connection lost V6.10.1

RN314 Connection lost

Hello, can anybody help me with the next problem.

We have a  readynas 314 which works fine. We can acces the drive and is fast.

Somethimes the connection is lost, we can't acces it with the explorer and/or finder.

I can acces the NAS via the internet (the web portal).We also can ping the NAS server and it responds. For me this underlines that the NAS is still online but some how we can't reacht it.

FYI:

- We are using 2xWindows 10 pro and also 1x Mac (Mojave, we also had the problem when didn't use the MAC).

- The connection is hardwirred

-The firmware is up to date 

- The file search option is selected.

- We can ping the server when we can't reach the drive with the explorer.

- The SMB protocol is selected for the shares

- There is enough free disk space.

- The temparture is normal (about 43 degrees)

- There isn't a lot of  network activity (almost nothing / average 20.2k)

- On the drive are pdf's/word doc's etc storred (no movie and/or big filles).

In the past we had the same problem bus that was with version 6.9.4 hotfix 1. We downgrad the system to 6.9.3 and then the problem was soveled.

Later we installed the "big" update V6.10.1 and now the problem is back again. Unfortunatly we can't downgrade it anymore to version 6.9.3.

Has anybody got simailar problems and/or has an idea how to fix this?

I'm also thinking of buying a new NAS server due the fact it's becomming a issue for our business. Does anybody know if the RN42400 has got the same issue??

Thanks in advance.

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 5
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN314 Connection lost V6.10.1

Hi Groenvleugel,

You can download the NAS system logs and then check the smbd.log. You may be able to find some clues there on why you are losing the connection on SMB.

You may also send to me the logs so we can check as well. You can do that by uploading it to a filesharing site then send to me the download link via PM (private message).

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Groenvleugel,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as a solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The NETGEAR community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 5
Groenvleugel
Aspirant

Hello JohnCM_S,

Thanks for your response.

We are using the NAS 314 for our business and eventually we have decided to buy a new NAS (424). It seems that something is wrong with the “user”rights and we also think that perhaps a reinstallation of the system could be a solution.

Because we need the NAS daily we now are using the 424 and probably will reinstall the 314 NAS which will be our backup system when it’s up and running again.

It isn’t fasted/cheapest solution but unfortunately we couldn’t rely on the 314 and that why we made this choice.

Thanks for your support.

Kind Regards,

Peter

Message 4 of 5
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Groenvleugel,

You are welcome. 🙂

Feel free to post again in case you have questions, suggestions, recommendations or anything about your NAS that you think needs attention or will help others.

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation