Reply
Aspirant
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎2010-10-14

Native wifi default profile

I just installed windows 7 32 bit on my desktop and also got a new WNA3100 adapter, After installation and connection it does not automatically connect to my address rather it connects to Native WIFI Default Profile. I cannot delete it, move it, or anything to remove it. After every restart it connects to this network. Any answers of how to delete it for good??
Aspirant
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎2010-10-19

Re: Native wifi default profile

Hello there

Kindly indicate your OS version ( windows version) of the computer.
Smiley Very Happy

And by the way, if you would be happen how to edit the native wifi profile, all you have to do is indicate in the native wifi profile the following
SSID, Security encryption type (WEP/WPA TKIP/WPA2 AES) and the password (Network key/Security Key) for your wireless network

If ever the above does not work, please do uninstall completely the wireless adapter itself from the "device manager" of the the windows and remove the drivers that were used previously. Reboot the computer and install the latest available driver for your wireless adapter.
Luminary
Posts: 89,285
Registered: ‎2009-01-27

Re: Native wifi default profile

you need to go network connection in control panel.

then find manage wireless in left span, you should able to delete any current and past SSID that was setup. delete those profile and rescan your network and add again
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]





June Mizoguchi-
Aspirant
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎2010-10-27

Re: Native wifi default profile

I have this same issue as OP and did on my last computer too. My SSID, radio signal etc match those of my router.

Is it just a profile created by netgear software or is there any chance my network could be compromised?
Aspirant
Posts: 467
Registered: ‎2010-06-25

Re: Native wifi default profile

NLionsCJ wrote:
Hello there

Kindly indicate your OS version ( windows version) of the computer.
Smiley Very Happy

And by the way, if you would be happen how to edit the native wifi profile, all you have to do is indicate in the native wifi profile the following
SSID, Security encryption type (WEP/WPA TKIP/WPA2 AES) and the password (Network key/Security Key) for your wireless network

If ever the above does not work, please do uninstall completely the wireless adapter itself from the "device manager" of the the windows and remove the drivers that were used previously. Reboot the computer and install the latest available driver for your wireless adapter.



I have a WNDR3700 & a WN802Tv2 on WDS mode. (I have it on WEP)

Using Win7, working normally before and after 3 days I can see this "Native Wifi" on the SSID list (Not in there before)

I says connected but im not online. so I've tried to delete the Native Wifi profile at it KEEPS coming back.

So I connect it to my Linksys router and it cannot connect aswell :eek:

It seems there is an issue with the adapter itself. (and the Native Wifi is still in my SSID list) comments is appreciated hons.
Aspirant
Posts: 13
Registered: ‎2010-12-31

Re: Native wifi default profile

[QUOTE=jmizoguchi;296116]you need to go network connection in control panel.

then find manage wireless in left span, you should able to delete any current and past SSID that was setup. delete those profile and rescan your network and add again

R. I tried this several times, it keeps coming back. I have the native profile with multiple networks listed?
Luminary
Posts: 89,285
Registered: ‎2009-01-27

Re: Native wifi default profile

If you are using wnda3100 then make sure you choose to use WZC( windows zero config) or if you are using Netgear utility , you can delete the profile within the Netgear utlity
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]





June Mizoguchi-
Aspirant
Posts: 467
Registered: ‎2010-06-25

Re: Native wifi default profile

netgearwnda3100v2adapter wrote:
[QUOTE=jmizoguchi;296116]you need to go network connection in control panel.

then find manage wireless in left span, you should able to delete any current and past SSID that was setup. delete those profile and rescan your network and add again

R. I tried this several times, it keeps coming back. I have the native profile with multiple networks listed?


Go to run and open your 'msconfig'

Untick the netgear adapter on the services, and untick it under the startup.
Delete the native wifi under the preferred networks.
And then restart your PC.

Use wireless zero to connect. It should work fine now.
(In some case you have to add the network manually to work.)
Luminary
Posts: 89,285
Registered: ‎2009-01-27

Re: Native wifi default profile

WZC is disabled when Netgear utility is used so native MS wireless utility will not cause issues when Netgear utility is used. While Netgear utility is used , any profile is located in the Netgear Utlity

While Netgear utility is used WZC is disabled so you will not able to use until you enable from the wireless adapter . Then you can delete the profile listed in WZC
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]





June Mizoguchi-
Aspirant
Posts: 467
Registered: ‎2010-06-25

Re: Native wifi default profile

jmizoguchi wrote:
WZC is disabled when Netgear utility is used so native MS wireless utility will not cause issues when Netgear utility is used. While Netgear utility is used , any profile is located in the Netgear Utlity

While Netgear utility is used WZC is disabled so you will not able to use until you enable from the wireless adapter . Then you can delete the profile listed in WZC


Just to let you know Im aware of this.

For some unknown reason it display the native wifi and there is no good explanation why native why wifi shows up when using Netgear adapter.. ive heared alot of walkaround on this but still no official fix.

But that is my workaround with the native wifi.. works for me & i hope it work your you guys.
It happen on my WDS 37AV & WN802Tv2.

The key is ive try not to load the Netgear on startup and use wireless zero.
Luminary
Posts: 89,285
Registered: ‎2009-01-27

Re: Native wifi default profile

might want to display as netgear utlity and not netgear adapter.

that would confuse it.


during the installation of most netgear utility will ask/prompt you with option o to choose

Netgear utility or
use Windows Zero configuration

in case, if wireless utility has an issue to open correctly one must be disabled and most common fixes to go services and disable "windows zero configuration" in order to use netgear utility


I have use both and never fails and which I prefer is probably user to choice. one other common is is that Mbps posting is different on older adapter like rangemax (108Mbps ) card may show one as 108Mbps and one as 54Mbps
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]





June Mizoguchi-
Novice
Posts: 0
Registered: ‎2012-01-17

Re: Native wifi default profile

MSNANCY,

In my msconfig file, I do not have a listing for Netgear under either services or startup. I do have a listing for WSWNA3100 & WNA3100 Adapter respectively. So I guess my questions are:

A. Any idea why Netgear doesn't show up, since I am using both a Netgear router and wireless adapter?

B. Any other workaround to get ride of the Native WIFI SSID.

Thank you
Luminary
Posts: 89,285
Registered: ‎2009-01-27

Re: Native wifi default profile

did you follow last post I did?
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]





June Mizoguchi-
Aspirant
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎2012-08-29

Re: Native wifi default profile

After a lot of trial and error I discovered what the problem is. This may be useful to anyone who had similar problems.

I have windows 7 64bit. The problem is caused not by the windows but by the NETGEAR Manager.

Here is the procedure:

1. Uninstall NETGEAR Manager.

2. Insert the cd of N150 Wireless USB Adapter WNA1100.

3. Select from the menu: Install Windows Standalone Driver

4. Only the driver is installed. The NetGear manager that causes the problem is not installed.

5. When prompted insert your N150 adapter into any USB port on your computer.

6. When you see the message:" NETGEAR WNA1100 driver is succesfully istalled", click Finish

7. Restart your computer.

8. Thats it. You are done. You will never see again the nonsense Native WIFI Default Profile caused by the NetGear Manager.
Aspirant
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎2012-09-08

Re: Native wifi default profile

msnancy wrote:
[QUOTE=netgearwnda3100v2adapter;312822]

Go to run and open your 'msconfig'

Untick the netgear adapter on the services, and untick it under the startup.
Delete the native wifi under the preferred networks.
And then restart your PC.

Use wireless zero to connect. It should work fine now.
(In some case you have to add the network manually to work.)


Thanks, That solution worked for me. My problem was that once a month I would lose internet connection, and would have to stuff around to fix it. Now hopefully the problem is permanently fixed.

Just to clarify for anyone else, in 'MSCONFIG' under the 'services' tab, the filename to uncheck is 'WSWNA3100'. Likewise, the same filename under the 'startup' tab.

Also, just another note, my system boot time has dramatically reduced since I have made this change. I thought my PC (Dual Core 2.93GHz & 4GB RAM) was starting to slow down, but this is not the case.

Netgear, what otherwise is a great product has been let down by this unnecessary configuration hassle.
Aspirant
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎2012-09-19

Re: Native wifi default profile

qwerty999 wrote:
After a lot of trial and error I discovered what the problem is. This may be useful to anyone who had similar problems.

I have windows 7 64bit. The problem is caused not by the windows but by the NETGEAR Manager.

Here is the procedure:

1. Uninstall NETGEAR Manager.

2. Insert the cd of N150 Wireless USB Adapter WNA1100.

3. Select from the menu: Install Windows Standalone Driver

4. Only the driver is installed. The NetGear manager that causes the problem is not installed.

5. When prompted insert your N150 adapter into any USB port on your computer.

6. When you see the message:" NETGEAR WNA1100 driver is succesfully istalled", click Finish

7. Restart your computer.

8. Thats it. You are done. You will never see again the nonsense Native WIFI Default Profile caused by the NetGear Manager.


This worked perfect for me. Now I can get online flawlessly and I didn't have to pay the $40 that Netgear was trying to charge me for a one time fix! Thank you Thank you Thank you
Aspirant
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎2013-03-17

Re: Native wifi default profile

My configuration:
--Netgear WNDA3100v2 N600 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter
--Windows 7, 64 bit

I had this problem. I had replaced my old wireless network with a new one but the Native WiFi Default Profile was using the older SSID. I fixed it as follows:

1. Find the icon for the Netgear adapter in the Taskbar (at the lower left of my desktop).
2. Click on the icon and this runs the "Netgear WNDA3100V2 Smart Wizard".
3. In the "Network Name (SSID)" dropdown box select your current wireless SSID.
4. In the WEP section select "Enter Key Manually". Then select "Key 1", enter the security code of your wireless network and select 64 bits.
5. Then click Apply.
6. You should see the SSID name in the lower left of the Wizard window and "connected to the Internet" also.

After I did this the Native WiFi Default Profile stayed in my list of wireless networks but it knows about my real SSID and it automatically reconnects at bootup as it should.
Discussion Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 70357 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Top Contributors
User Kudos Count
1